Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Looking for unique Ceremony Reading

I am getting married October 2012 and we are not having a traditional church wedding.  We are having our ceremony outside.  I am looking for some unique readings for the ceremony.  Any suggestions?  Thanks much. 

Re: Looking for unique Ceremony Reading

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://squirrlyplanning.weebly.com/ceremony-readings.html

This planning bio has a TON.  That said, maybe whoever you choose as the officiant will be more help?  My officiant (A Simple Vow, Rev. Mark) gave us a HUGE list of choices when we met with him.
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE i carry your heart with me (i carry it in) by ee cummings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    hmccurdy9: I looked at a ton of different things when planning my ceremony. I think the best advice is to figure out which angle you want to take. Is there a theme? For example, my husband loves the ocean. So I began to look for readings that incorporated the sea and our officiant was able to pinpoint one for me that was perfect.

Once I knew the outline of the typical ceremony, I could search for material to pop into it. I wrote a good part of ours--it was even more meaningful to me that way.

I'd be happy to share mine with you, if you like. No mention of anything pertaining to religion. It's just about love! Send me a PM if you want.

Panther: we included that reading into ours! So beautiful!
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our readings are Robert Fulghum's "Union" and Corinthians, if that helps.  really thought "Union" made sense with our relationship, and Corinthians is sentimental to us as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the great ideas.  I really appreciate it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards