Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Hiring a photographer long distance?

I've found photographers that I want to hire, and they live around 4 hours away. I want to book them before they get taken for my wedding date, but I will not have time to meet with them in person beforehand.  I have looked at their online portfolio, so I know that I definitely love their work. They do an engagement shoot as well. I will get to meet them before the actual wedding date. 

Basically, my question is, has anyone done this before? Do you have any advice on what to ask them before we meet?

Thanks!

Re: Hiring a photographer long distance?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked our photographer from 13 hours away and it worked out fine. Just keep an open line of communication and be very specific. I sent the photographer wedding pictures that I found online of shots that I really liked, and they did their best to replicate those shots for our photos.

Anniversary
  • Options
    AnnaScarlettAnnaScarlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our photographer lives in another state. We didn't meet before e-pics.  Everything went fine at the wedding and we still use her.  If they are legit you have nothing to worry about.  Get references from other brides to put your mind at ease.
  • Options
    Amanda DuffyAmanda Duffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What an exciting time in your life!
    We can help you. Contact us to discuss your needs and budget plans.
    We will make sure you are satisfied wih our work and prices.
    We are only 2 hours from Cincinatti.  Is that where your wedding is?

Photography & Video for your Wedding by GS3.
    Prices are very reasonable and our style is artistic.
    We are willing to travel in and out of the US. We have offices based in the following areas:
    Cleveland Ohio, Columbus Ohio, Atlanta Georgia, San Diego Ca.
    and The Metro Areas of DC. and NY.

Please feel free to view our website:
    www.georgio%20sabino3.com/">www.Georgio Sabino3.com

Or Call us at:
    216-256-7018 Georgio Sabino or 614-578-0491 Amanda Duffy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer lives 8 hours away in Virginia. We lucked out and were able to meet with her before we signed the contract because she was shooting a wedding in our area.

Ditto the other ladies on keeping an open line on communication. Also ask if you will be responsible for accomidations for them since they will be coming from 4 hours away.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked our photographer just by speaking to him over the phone and looking at his online portfolio.  If you love their work, just have good conversation through email and phone calls, and i think everthing will work out just the way you want it to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards