African American Weddings
Options

Which Cake Design!

I'm struggling thinking about a final cake design. Our colors are black and white for the cake. Help me ...

This (below) was my original idea, but the baker told me it would be too much detail on the bottom layer (aka: expensive!)

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Re: Which Cake Design!

• Options
    Love the first one.!
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i like all the designs except i don't know how i feel about black icing? will that stain teeth?  you know when you eat something with color it stains until you rinse off.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_which-cake-design?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c1b92f56-344f-4a03-89cb-d543c309b306Post:76bcc6e2-a86d-4b01-afac-e544db3854c9">Re: Which Cake Design!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i like all the designs except i don't know how i feel about black icing? will that stain teeth?  you know when you eat something with color it stains until you rinse off.
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hmm. Did not think about this, but it is something I can look into. The baker made a cake a while back with lots of black icing, so I can ask her how that turned out. Thanks for the thought.

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    I like the first one!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The first one is gorgeous!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    I like the first one!!! My wedding cake is going to be black and white too!
  • Options
    I like #1.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I like the first one. I'm with Tasha on the black icing. Personally, I hate the way Red and Black icing tastes.....and I'm not a fondant person.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    Love number one but I agree that black icing is usually bitter
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Out of all of them, the first one stands out to me. I have had black icing and it was fine. But I think it just depends on the baker. Definitely do a taste test to make sure.

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    I actually love #1 but #2 is the one I would pick

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards