May 2012 Weddings
Options

Invites

Hey ladies-
Our wedding is on May 19th. I have the invites ready to be sent out, with the rsvp date of April 20th. When should I send them out? Alot of the guests are OOT too.
Thanks! :)

Re: Invites

• Options
    I wouldn't send them out any more than 2 months in advance, but that's just me :) I know some girls on here have already sent them out & their dates are later than yours. So, ultimately it's completey up to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_invites-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d2b904e2-ce69-4801-917d-3b14e73ebef7Post:4785ebb5-13c3-41bd-bfbd-694645261e3a">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I wouldn't send them out any more than 2 months in advance, but that's just me :) </strong>I know some girls on here have already sent them out & their dates are later than yours. So, ultimately it's completey up to you!
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]

<div>This, 6-8 weeks is standard. More than half of our guests are OOT, so I'm going with eight weeks. </div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with 2 months. If it is too far in advance, guest may lose or forget completely to rsvp. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    most of our guests are OOT so i'm sending ours out 8 weeks in advance, but it's only 4 weeks to the RSVP date.  i felt like that would give them enough time to respond, and me enough time to call the stragglers.

hth :)
  • Options
    were date twins!
    i suppose i did mine wrong... i sent mine two weeks ago but i know il have to call a few people so i wanted plenty of time.
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm May 19th too...planning to send them out by March 17th.  Our RSVP date is April 17th.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We mailed ours yesterday. My hope is that people will get them Thursday/Friday which will be about a month before our room block expires and the majority of our guests are OOT. Our RSVP date is April 19th so it will give guests 7 weeks to repsond.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

My wedding is May 5, Venue needs final numbers by April 21st, RSVP date of April 7th (2 weeks to call stragglers), and I'm  probably going to be sending them out tomorrow or Friday... so about 8 weeks from wedding, and 4 weeks out from RSVP date.

While i don't consider ours a 'Desination Wedding' no one lives closer than an hour and a half from teh venue, and tomorrow is the last date for our hotel block. But that's why I sent STDs...  so people would book before the block rates were gone.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm sending mine March 10th with a RSVP date of April 21st and my wedding is May 19th. =o)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_invites-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d2b904e2-ce69-4801-917d-3b14e73ebef7Post:520874da-5ae6-4d0a-908e-0968fc565a38">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm May 19th too...planning to send them out by March 17th.</strong>  Our RSVP date is April 17th.
    Posted by marisha115[/QUOTE]

our RSVP is April 18
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I sent out mine today for MAY 19TH. My response date is April 19th...and we have an issue with hotel availability for our OOT guests (we have a lot). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6-8 weeks from wedding date is standard. If you have sent savr the dates then sending the invites before 6-8 weeks, IMO, seems pointless. 
  • Options
    I'm May 20th and i've already sent them out and recieved half my RSVPS...75% of our GL is OOT

• Options
    My date is May 5 and I am sending invites out on March 5 so about 8 weeks.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would go with your gut. When does your reception venue require a final count/meal decisions? I would leave yourself enough time to get that done before the day it is due, so you aren't scrambling running after people who haven't rsvp'd right before the wedding. Honestly, people won't forget to RSVP to your wedding. I'm sure your friends and family are dying to get those invites. So feel free to send them out as soon as you feel like it. Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mine went out TODAY (cant believe it!) for may 12th... we didn't do a save the date so i felt like 10 weeks was okay...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards