Colorado-Denver

Wedding Hair Stylist Needed...Any Salon Suggestions in the Denver Area???

I am super picky about how my hair is going to look on the day of my wedding.  I moved to Denver about 4 years ago and still can't seem to find a good salon to get my hair cut let alone do my hair on the day of my wedding.  I haven't been able to find a good one and I really don't care about the price.  I want to find a good place that myself, my Bridesmaids and Mother, can go to.  Any suggestions for salons in the Denver/Metro area??

Thanks,
Tiffany

Re: Wedding Hair Stylist Needed...Any Salon Suggestions in the Denver Area???

• tooyoungtooyoung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bad Kittie Salon is on Colfax downtown. Or Lido Hair Design (salon) is in Downtown Littleton, They're both very good. 
  • spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the only stylist i have ever had in my entire life that always did exactly what i asked for and made it work for my hair type is betsy with the aveda salon on 16th st mall.  she is in the salon part, not the aveda academy part (she finished the academy a long time ago).  she is absolutely fabulous.
  • amandi34amandi34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Robin at the Parlour Downtown

Dusty (owner) Demaj Salon in Erie

Both are awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using this woman Liz who will come to your location - I thought she was really sweet and somehow made the curls in my hair stay (which I thought was impossible!) She also does make up.
    www.beautyonlocationbyliz.com

I only get my hair cut by Sarah at Vain Salon (hipster cut usually but she was happy to let it grow out and non-hipster for the wedding), but most of my friends (regardless of hipster vs classy vs stylish) go to the Parlour downtown and in the highlands and love everyone there...
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend the Parlour Downtown.  They are fabulous there and could definitely do all your girls along with you.  That is where I get my hair cut regularly and where I am having my wedding hair done. I see Brooke and I love her but my friends go to some of the other girls and love them too so I think anyone there would be good.
  • edited December 2011
    I love my stylist Lisa at Luxe Salon. I've had her since I moved to Denver.
  • eas2730eas2730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessica at Industrie Hair in Broomfield, near the Flat Irons Mall. 303.466.5507 Great color and cut. After 3 years of searching, found a great sytlist!
  • edited December 2011
    Honeycomb at 29th & Tennyson. Awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my hair trial tomorrow at Salon Misha on Broadway. They are known for updos and Misha has styled hair for Dancing with the Stars. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sbronwenjsbronwenj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for make-up as well as hair.  Any good suggestions for both?
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!  Nina can you let me know what you think of Salon Misha?  I am thinking of using them.  Who are you guys using for makeup?  I have had TWO different artists back out on me so I want to find someone good that I can sign a contract with.  I am not too concerned with price- I am willing to pay for a good artist. Any suggestions????
    Thanks!!!!
  • CareyLeah1910CareyLeah1910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey Nina can you please let me know too how your trial goes? I've just been postponing scheduling it since I am not getting married until September, but that is my favorite salon so far!  Their online gallery looks great.

And same thing a lot of the other girls are saying, I am having a hard time finding a makeup artist and really would like to find and book soon :)  Any ideas are most definitely welcome!

Thanks!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jennalynn229Jennalynn229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I just got on here because I am getting married as well, and I saw your post. I actually do hair at Liquid Salon and Spa in Highlands Ranch. I have been doing hair almost 9 years now, and bridal updos are my specialty. I got into this industry because I was sick of no one listening to me about what I wanted with my hair. People deserve to get what they want. If you would like to come in just to consult, the number is 303-791-4247. I would love to work with you! Thank you,
                                                                                                             Jenna
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Jenna- are you going to be around this weekend?  Could you email me details about your salon?
    Thanks!!!
    Kelli
    kellikate@live.com
  • edited December 2011
    Salon Foushee off of Belleview and Wadsworth is a great salon. My stylist is Shawn. I was just there today and talked briefly about doing my bridal hair. She said she would even do it on location. She does a great job with my hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards