Wisconsin

questions for localsMajestic theater/madison

Hi! I am considering the majestic theater in madison as our venue. Has anyone been to a wedding there? Any feedback on it?

Also...I want to try and pull off a theater themed wedding. Not overly themey...but still themey if that makes sense. Lol. But... i mean theater like broadway/plays. Not movie theater. I know this is a music theater and club scene. Do you think I can pull off the style I am looking for here still? Also..is the majestic too casual for a formal affair?

Any input is highly appreciated!

Kristina :
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: questions for localsMajestic theater/madison

• I've never been for a wedding, but I've been to a few concerts there. It's pretty casual and doesn't have a lot of those old theater kind of details left. It's certainly not too casual for a wedding, but perhaps it's not quite what you're looking for? If you have some time before committing to a venue, you can see if the Orpheum has opened up again. That's a little classier (I think). 
  • You might want to check out the Ringling Theater in Baraboo.  Our friends got married there earlier this year - the building is being restored and is beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • You should check out the Orpheum on State Street in Madison as well, I think it's more authentic than the Majestic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards