Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Movie Theater Ceremony?

I had an idea to have my wedding at a huge theater next to a museum (reception would be around dinosaurs!).  I was trying to think of ideas on how a ceremony might look or feel at a movie theater (it may be an imax)?

I was thinking of showing a movie of my fiancee and myself, a mini-story of how we met and fell in love, then as soon as it finishes, we start the ceremony.  I don't plan on having a bridal party, so my fiance and I don't need a traditional isle.  My guests would be comfortable and able to see everything.

Has anyone done this or heard of it being done?  I would love to hear experiences, concerns or see pictures!!

Re: Movie Theater Ceremony?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_movie-theater-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:7218fcd1-9b97-4569-94ef-6c8cb398b317Post:a8854b37-2047-48ec-b438-3f5f605b2443">Movie Theater Ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had an idea to have my wedding at a huge theater next to a museum (reception would be around dinosaurs!).  I was trying to think of ideas on how a ceremony might look or feel at a movie theater (it may be an imax)? I was thinking of showing a movie of my fiancee and myself, a mini-story of how we met and fell in love, then as soon as it finishes, we start the ceremony.  I don't plan on having a bridal party, so my fiance and <strong>I don't need a traditional isle.</strong>  My guests would be comfortable and able to see everything. Has anyone done this or heard of it being done?  I would love to hear experiences, concerns or see pictures!!
    Posted by gingerysweets[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You'd have trouble fitting an isle into a movie theater anyway:-)  I think you  mean "aisle."</div><div>
    </div><div>I've never heard of getting married in a movie theater, but I think it would be pretty cool.  You'd have to ask the theater if you could play a movie of yourself -- I would think you could at a minimum set up your own projector onto their screen and just use a laptop to play a movie, but maybe they could play it on their projector?  Probably not in IMAX because that's seriously huge large-format film, but maybe they could play a DVD or something?</div><div>
    </div><div>If you do this, try to keep the movie short (5ish minutes).

</div>
    DSC_9275
  • I have known people to get married in theaters (like where plays are performed) and it has worked out well because the B&G were up on the stage. I just worry about everyone being able to see you even in stadium-style seating.

Usually the "floor" of a movie theater has more seats on it. So where exactly would you guys stand? The seats are made so that people can see the screen, not what's happening on the floor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • We went to a wedding at a theatre.  The theatre was built in 1926, though, so it's the old school style with the stage and everything.  It was a really fun wedding - after the ceremony we went to an upstairs room for food and then we all watched a movie back in the theatre.
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    If you do this, keep the movie of your story really short - 2 minutes or less.  People came to see you get married, so that should be the focus.
  • My aunt got married in a movie theatre. They had mini bags of popcorn and little sodas for everyone (which is weird, but then again, it was very non-traditional). They got married down in the front, and had a camera on them that then projected the ceremony onto the screen as well. It was a lot of fun. As we all came in to find seats, there was a slideshow with "fun facts" playing, and then before her entrance there was a short video that each of them had recorded for eachother. (she was standing in the back, out of sight, on one side of the theatre, he was in the back, out of sight, on the other; so they both got to see the videos made for eachother for the first time with everyone else. It was very cute).
    Also, congrats!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • My friends did it! I wasn't able to go to their wedding since I had to go to a different wedding that day, but their pictures were awesome -  they did it at an old-timey theatre in a small town. Totally cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards