October 2012 Weddings
Options

Just curious...

How much time are you ladies taking off of work for your wedding?  I'm thinking 8 work days.  That way I'll be off Wed, Thurs, and Fri before the wedding and then the entire week after for our honeymoon (we're cruisin' to the Bahamas!!).  How about y'all?
Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6

Re: Just curious...

• Options
    wedding is 10/13. I'm taking of 10/12 and not returning until 10/29.  Long honeymoon (hopefully)
  • Options
    Wedding is Fri 10/12...I'll be off that whole week of the wedding, FI is off that week plus the week after the wedding.  FI and I are getting married close to our hometown but we currently live 3 hours away.  We have to be home that week for final meetings with our vendors.  

I'll also probably take the Mon after the wedding off.

Our honeymoon is going to wait until I finish my Ph.D., which hopefully will not be too much longer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can only take the day before the wedding off since I am stil in school. It's a holiday weekend so I will have the Monday off too. Then back to school Tuesday morning. FI will be off the same. The honeymoon is next summer.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    We're getting married on Sunday the 21st. I'll be taking the Friday before off, possibly the Thursday too. I'll be returning 11/1. FI will be doing the same with the exception of the days before the wedding, he'll only be taking half a day on Friday.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm planning on 8 work days too. Wed through Friday the week of the wedding and the whole week after. We're not taking our official honeymoon until the following May so I need to make sure I'll have two weeks for that!
  • Options
    I'm off Wed-Fri before, getting married Saturday the 6th, going on our honeymoon the Tuesday after that (and return from that the following Monday. We'll be back at work then that next Wednesday, the 17th.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm taking off the Thursday and Friday before (October 6th wedding) and then I took off the M-F after as well as an additional Monday and Tuesday, returning to work the 17th.
  • Options

Wedding is Friday 10/26.  I'm taking of Thursday (possibly Weds. too), then the entire next week for honeymoon to Puerto Rico.  I'll be returning to work 11/5.  FI is doing the same, but working a 1/2 day on the day before.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding is on Friday 10/19.  I am planning on working a half day from home Wednesday and not returning to the office until 11/1 at the earliest; I may end up not going in at all the week after we return from the honeymoon.  FI is planning to take the entire week off before the wedding and also go back on 11/5. His company just does straight PTO, mine splits up vacation and sick.
  • Options
    I'll probably take the Thurs & Friday off before, and at least 2 wks after for our honeymoon.

• Options
    I'm taking off the Friday before and two weeks after.
  • Options
    Wedding is 10/13. I took the WedFri before off and the entire week after. So looking forward to my only real vacation from work this year, except for the month I was very sick. It will be nice to be off without rehabing.
  • Options
    I'm taking the day before only and then 6 days for the honeymoon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will be taking off the whole week before our wedding and the whole week after, so 10 work days. I'm so excited!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Options
    2 weeks. The week before and the week after. :)
    weddingpic
  • Options
    As of right now we are taking 9 days off. We already have Columbus day off. It is 2 days before the wedding, our wedding day and then 6 days after. We may take 10/5 off too so we can have a little extra time to pack since we leave for FL the next day.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm taking off the thursday and friday before the wedding (oct. 6th wedding) and then mon-thurs of the following week. We're going to just do a mini moon up north for a few days after wedding then our actual honeymoon will be in Feb. to Riviera Maya Mexico :)
  • Options
    I'm taking two whole weeks off also, week before and week after. I have the time and didn't see any reason not to use it!
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thursday and Friday prior to the Wedding (Oct 6th) and then the full 2 weeks after - returning the 21st.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards