Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake topper help

I'd like to get a fun cake topper of a bride and groom, not a monogram. I'm probably using a monogram on our card box, so I'd like to do something different on the cake.

Here is my problem - all of the ones I find that I like only seem to come in white couple only or black couple only. I need a white bride, black groom. Any website suggestions? And when I say "fun," I mean I like the ones with the bride pinching the groom's butt, the sports couples, etc. The only mixed couple toppers I've found were of a traditional bride and groom standing next to each other.

TIA for any help :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake topper help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I Googled "fun wedding toppers" and got a ton of sites with all kinds of pairings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Etsy.com.  There are lots of cake toppers on there - and you can make special requests from the sellers.
    panther
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I've actually tried that, and looked at those sites before. Maybe I'm not seeing the ones you are, but there really isn't the kind of selection I'm looking for. I might just have to settle for the interchangeable ones where you buy the bride and groom separate, because I can't find the one I'm looking for. Sigh. Thanks though :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-topper-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:a4f1ade8-7efd-4557-a9f2-20819fc8b0a0Post:90f4cf5f-9116-410a-87c2-92957b21d720">Re: Cake topper help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Etsy.com.  There are lots of cake toppers on there - and you can make special requests from the sellers.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea! I have purchased from etsy before so I'll definitely try this. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bltatabltata member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I would definitely try to Alchemy route on Etsy.  Lots of people will be able to make you exactly what you're looking for and probably at a decent price.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    vigneslevignesle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-topper-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:a4f1ade8-7efd-4557-a9f2-20819fc8b0a0Post:069fe070-bdf2-4f83-907b-5922a1755fbe">Re: Cake topper help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I would definitely try to Alchemy route on Etsy.  Lots of people will be able to make you exactly what you're looking for and probably at a decent price. Good luck!
    Posted by bltata[/QUOTE]

ditto
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is 6' 6" and I'm 5' 3" ... we're most likely buying them separate to make humor of our height situation (and to make it better.. his last name is Knight! yay!) 
  • Options
    allisonkbyeallisonkbye member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you find one you really love that's of white and white you could just paint the one person brown? sounds tacky but it would work and nobody would probably know haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Etsy! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on Etsy :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The alchemy option is being discontinued this month, so if you're going to place an order... make it quick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards