Canada-Ontario
Options

Toronto Venue

Hey Everyone!  I am looking for a lot of help in trying to find a modern venue in Toronto for about 150 guests for this summer.  Because everything is so booked up, we realize that we'll probably have to get married on a Friday.

Does anyone know of a venue that is about $100.00 per guest (food and booze included).  I saw that Atlantis is starting at a minimum of $90.00 per person with food and alcohol which is priced just right.  If possible, I would love for the venue to overlook the water OR have a great view of the city for our guests who are out of town.  Any suggestions?????

Re: Toronto Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try Sunnyside Pavillion (Just west of Palais Royale) - you can bring in your own catering to keep costs down.
  • Options
    lilmiss_34lilmiss_34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's what you're looking for in terms of 'modern,' but the Marriott on Bloor and Yorkville has packages starting at $78.50 pp.

Edit - liquor is open bar, priced separately, starting at $40 pp.
    So that totals about $120 pp.
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The LIberty Grand - it's on the exhibition grounds.  They have two really traditional rooms and one that's literally a blank slate.  They do a lot of parties there and they can arrange lounge chairs, tables, lighting - anything you want.  We liked the idea of that room a lot but I think the concept can get expensive, depending on what you want to add to it all.  It's worth looking into, however.  There is also a little courtyard with fountains and gardens in the center.  They've done a few episodes of RBPB there as well I've noticed and it's always looked amazing!
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From shopping around myself, Atlantis had the best rates on the water but, I've heard mixed reviews about their catering - maybe they will let you try the food first?  Sunnyside Pavillion is another great option but you'll likely be over $100 a head (at least I was when I did the calculation.)  Have you looked at Palais Royale? It's right on the water.  You can also look into the Boulavard Club which is open to non members for wedding bookings.

I ended up booking a hotel on the water so people can still enjoy the boardwalk and the lake in the summer during their stay but my venue is located in Etobicoke so that I could get everything I wanted within my budget.

Good luck :)
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PP have some really great suggestions.  If none of them are what you're looking for, or if there are availability issues, I'd suggest http://www.eventsource.ca/venues.aspx  I used it when looking for a venue and found them to be a really good resource, especially if you're willing to go a little outside the box.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards