Hawaii
Options

Okay.. final invitation question

for me anyway : ).

How and where did you put your website details on your invitations? I was thinking of using the map/direction card? I'm hoping to drive people to the website to see things like dress code in effect, electronic RSVP if they choose, the actual map and directions to venue, etc.

I've set the AHR invitations up to be somewhat formal and so far on the Map/Direction card I"ve written this.....

You are invited to visit Crystal & Dave's wedding website at

www.blahblahblah.com

For dress code, detailed event & travel information.

is this good enough? Should I add more/less? Did you find people are using your websites or should I make it clear on the actual card about the golf courses dress code in case they aren't using the website and if so, how would you nicely word that

451x156 proportions
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Okay.. final invitation question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We included the website on the STD, and also on the map/directions card in the actual invitation.  Looked like this:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/5111500134_2bface4a3b.jpg

I will tell you that some people viewed the website, but not all.  Regardless, I would strongly advise not including anything about dress code anywhere.  If they have questions, they will ask you, but it is considered rude to assume your guests don't know how to dress.
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Normally I would never consider ever mentioning a dress code but my fear is this.... it's the AHR, I'm the first person to ever do something like this in my entire family where the ceremony has happened days before and this has been worded as a reception in celebration of our marriage.... what if they assume it's not a formal event but more of a party...... do I just let those who don't get it potentially be asked to leave by the golf course if they show up in something like blue jeans? Not all of my family has class and I've seen some members show up to a church for a wedding in blue jeans. I personally don't care what they wear but the golf course has made it clear that their clubhouse has a dress code in effect?

451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hm.  That's a tough one when they will be denied admission.  Could you maybe work the fact that your country club has a dress code into the conversation as you talk with people?  Also, include on your website (and maybe even the directions card) that links to the clubhouses's website -- to learn more about the venue (parking, etc), please see here?
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aha... ur brilliant!!! I'll make the link on my website for parking and such to go to a page that mentions the dress code (which I believe might even be their home page. This way I side step this being a rule of mine : )

I knew I came to the right place LOL
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards