Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Ice Cream and cake and cake~

My Fiancee and I really want a wedding cake with penguins on it. I don't know if I should make that "our" cake OR do a wedding cake ice cream cake... Can that be done? I'm not a completely traditional person and I want some fun for this cake. Is ice cream cake pushing it in the messy category? Has anyone else done wedding cake?
Sorry so many questions :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ice Cream and cake and cake~

• edited December 2011
    Hey! We are thinking about doing an icecream cake wedding cake. Do you have a coldstone creamery around you? I think thier website says they can make special wedding cakes there. Haven't called to find out though!!Need to though :) OR we might use their wedding cupcakes that look DELICIOUS :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yea there is actually. I thought they were a myth! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one doing it. I love the fun idea of ice cream cake. I think i read somewhere that Coldstone will even use their own table covers for their table to match your colors for free. I read they did that for one couples wedding on here

Thanks for the help :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I LOVE ice cream cake. BUT they will melt so you can't have it displayed during the wedding and if it's large enough to serve 100 people it will start melting before they even finish cutting it. That's my experience with a birthday party that we used one at. And they're super messy.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can find a way to keep the cake cold, I say go for it! What a fun idea!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or just have a regular cake made into a penguin and then serve a scoop of ice cream along with it. If your not worried about traditional ways of doing things, then I say go for this.
  • edited December 2011
    ooh i forgot to add. We are having a traditional wedding cake, but right before we eat it we would bring out his cake, to let it soften a tad bit, then it woul dbe taken back to be cut. So it's only going to be viewed for a tiny bit. Let us know what you plan on doing :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards