Virginia

Summer Wedding in VA, need help!

My fiance is from Washington, D.C so we want to get married in Northern VA. or Southern Maryland. We're thinking of either an outdoor garden wedding, a vinevary wedding, a country club wedding or an outdoor/indoor wedding in a mansion or bed and breakfast type place. I've looked high and low for cheeper vendors and one of the lowest I have found is 2,500 in rental fees. We are on a tight budget and I know there are cheeper places out there, I'm just not sure where to look. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Re: Summer Wedding in VA, need help!

• Bassoongal11Bassoongal11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is from Washington, D.C so we want to get married in Northern VA. or Southern Maryland. We're thinking of either an outdoor garden wedding, a vinevary wedding, a country club wedding or an outdoor/indoor wedding in a mansion or bed and breakfast type place. I've looked high and low for cheeper vendors and one of the lowest I have found is 2,500 in rental fees. We are on a tight budget and I know there are cheeper places out there, I'm just not sure where to look. Any advice would be much appreciated!
  • edited December 2011
    I can't remember a specific name, but my cousin got married at a small chapel and had the reception at a plantation on the James River not too far away from there.  I don't know exact prices, but I know that it wasn't the MOST expensive thing.  It's more in north-eastern-ish VA, Tappahannock, is a name that comes to mind ... I think ... anyway, look into something like that if you can.  It's a country club type of setting but not as expensive as a typical club. 

Also check out the local board for Virginia or the metropolitan area near where you're looking -- you'll be more likely to find help on that board.  (Local Wedding Boards link on the left).  Good luck!!!
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I live in Northern Va, and did a LOT of reserch to find a nice venue I could afford. I found a great one more reasonable than anyplace around. It's pretty inside AND out. They do everything there. Food, tables, Linens, etc.. It's Fauquier Springs Country Club in Warrenton, (Not that far from Washington) There are several hotels in Warrenton that can accomodate out of towners. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards