Washington-Seattle

From Ohio... please suggest venue's for small wedding!

Any help would be appreciated....

Long story short: My sister's fiance is from New Zealand. There is a mess of international legal things we need to work out for their wedding... we don't have a date but know it will be some time in the summer. Seattle is where they've chosen to get married and then will have a reception home in Ohio.

As MOH it's my job to find some possible venue's for her wedding while she deals with the legal mess. I am not familiar with Seattle at all...

The wedding/reception will be fairly small. 30ish people. My sister and her fiance are very into nature/hiking/outdoors..etc. I was almost thinking maybe some charming bread and breakfast that we could have it at... or nature preserve...but have NO idea where to start looking... Would just need to have accomodations near as everyone will be traveling for the wedding.

Can you please give me some ideas/suggestions????? It would be so appreciated!

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: From Ohio... please suggest venue's for small wedding!

• edited December 2011
    Start here: http://www.myseattlewedding.com/cv_non_denominational. There are plenty of parks I think you could call up Seattle Parks and Rec and ask. Greenlake is a good spot, though you might have to deal with the public walking through. Also look into the Seattle Aquarium, it's downtown right on the water. There's also several spots along Lake Washington, hotels and such. Alki is a great spot, too, don't know of venues, but the couple could be carried off on a ferry, which might be cute. Hope that gives you some starting points!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh also, unless she's getting married in July or August, don't gamble with an outdoor wedding in Seattle. Even August this year was rainy for Western Washington.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Salish Lodge overlooks snoqualmie falls, which is very outdoorsy.  Golden Gardens is beautiful as well. 
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Koolkay83Koolkay83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Preservation Kitchen! MY DH and I got married there on July 24, 2010 and it can easily accomendate up to 30-35 I believe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is her budget for venue and since the two are often tied together, food?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards