New York-Long Island

Clueless about flowers.

Turns out I've never been interested in flowers, at all. Looking into the knot I see beautiful ones I love, I'm a huge fan of Calla Lilies, Orchids, & Beach Roses. My wedding is July 2nd, 2011 and I have 8 bridesmaids. Can anyone throw out a ballpark figure of what they think the flowers MIGHT cost? I have no idea if it's a couple hundred or thousand. Again, I'm terrible with flowers. Sorry for being so clueless!

Re: Clueless about flowers.

• ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Orchids are really expensive.  With so many maids roses are probably your best bet.  But you really just have to talk to your florist.  A knowledgeable one will help you get the look you are going for within your budget.  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using almost strictly Callas for everything, including half of our centerpieces and we're paying about 3 grand. I only have 3 maids though. HTH.
  • JFowleyJFowley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    If you talk with our florest about what is in season it can be cheaper. I sent my florest pictures from the knot for her to look at, to show her things that I liked. You aren't going to be able to get flowers for less than 2 grand without knowing someone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards