February 2013 Weddings

Bridesmaids dresses shopping cancelled...

Hey ladies!

So I'm writing this post simply because I'm a little bit upset, even though I laughed about this very situation earlier today with my fiancé. I guess I'm truly discovering the emotional ups and downs of a wedding planning! lol

Two months ago, I asked all my bridesmaids their availibilies in June and July to go shopping for their dress for the wedding. They will all have a different dress in the same colour, fabric and lenth, so they could all go and to this by themselves, but I wanted to make this a girls' day. Everybody was free for June 23th (this Saturday), and they were to come over my place first for brunch. But I learned today that one of my bridesmaid, who is a resident doctor, has to work next week-end. Sad, but it's totally understandable. And my sister, also a bridesmaid, just told me that she's going too spend the week-end after all with her boyfriend at our parents cottage. Well if she wants to do that, it's totally her choice, even though I'm a bit confused because she said yes before to my plans and then changed her mind.

So anyway, I'm still having brunch on Saturday with my other two bridesmaids and my matron of honour, and I couldn't be more excited to see them and drink mimosas with them (my friends and I are just looove prosecco!) I'm really happy we're turning this into a hang out day, but I must admit I was looking forward crossing the bridesmaids dresses off my list this week-end...

Well, sorry for the long post! I know this situation is not a big deal, but I just felt like saying out loud (or writing down? lol) what I was feeling about this. Wink

Anybody else is having minor planning problems that are slightly upseting something or it is just me?

Re: Bridesmaids dresses shopping cancelled...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_bridesmaids-dresses-shopping-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:9c307db5-f3d8-4584-9327-d6ac5c114cd4Post:006b947d-3396-4e75-9f06-2b027965a33e">Bridesmaids dresses shopping cancelled...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! So I'm writing this post simply because I'm a little bit upset, even though I laughed about this very situation earlier today with my fiancé. I guess I'm truly discovering the emotional ups and downs of a wedding planning! lol Two months ago, I asked all my bridesmaids their availibilies in June and July to go shopping for their dress for the wedding. They will all have a different dress in the same colour, fabric and lenth, so they could all go and to this by themselves, but I wanted to make this a girls' day. Everybody was free for June 23th (this Saturday), and they were to come over my place first for brunch. But I learned today that one of my bridesmaid, who is a resident doctor, has to work next week-end. Sad, but it's totally understandable. And my sister, also a bridesmaid, just told me that she's going too spend the week-end after all with her boyfriend at our parents cottage. Well if she wants to do that, it's totally her choice, even though I'm a bit confused because she said yes before to my plans and then changed her mind. So anyway, I'm still having brunch on Saturday with my other two bridesmaids and my matron of honour, and I couldn't be more excited to see them and drink mimosas with them (my friends and I are just looove prosecco!) I'm really happy we're turning this into a hang out day, but I must admit I was looking forward crossing the bridesmaids dresses off my list this week-end... Well, sorry for the long post! I know this situation is not a big deal, but I just felt like saying out loud (or writing down? lol) what I was feeling about this.  Anybody else is having minor planning problems that are slightly upseting something or it is just me?
    Posted by Miliska[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one with problems. :) And at least you have the girls that are going, it's better than them all cancelling on you. Love how you're being really understandable about it (versus some people I've read on other boards).

I'm having issues motivating myself to finish my DIYs (which I need to work on my dress ASAP) that require some help from other people (just keep pushing it off). :/ But it'll work out, no doubts. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Oh girl, that stinks about your sister. It's one thing to have plans with her boyfriend, but she agreed in advance to be there for you and then flipped the switch like it was no big deal!! That would make me really upset.

My mother has been the greatest source of stress for me throughout this entire wedding process. I won't look back on this experience as one that brought us closer together in any way shape or form haha. I think all brides have problems in one way or another!! And you're also very lucky to have all of your bridesmaids in one place! Mine are spread all over the country, and even I'm not on the east coast (where we're getting married). But you work with whatcha got! You should still take those girls bmaids dress shopping! The other two can go at another time, and you'll have a good idea of what you like/don't like. Trust me, they don't all have to be there to make it work! In fact I'll be doing it in a couple of weeks with my sisters for their bridesmaids dresses. I can't wait until its all done and decided haha! 
  • edited June 2012
    Aw, sorry about the no-shows.  At least you've still got some buds to have a good time with!

I'm hitting a major brick wall right now.  I'm just far enough away from potential venors that driving down for meetings is annoying and takes up my whole day, and for whatever reason the caterer won't answer my email queries with anything but "we can plan a meeting at the venue to discuss it".  We're leaving tomorrow to visit FI's folks for a week, and I'd hoped to plan a meeting or 2 then, but most of our time has now been booked, and the one day we DO have free has to be spent apartment hunting.  I'm just glad we have out venue booked & my dress paid for, but I don't have anything else done and with FI taking the Bar Exam and us moving, I don't anticipate getting much else done until mid August.  I'm getting really worried!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sorry about your sister cancelling like that!  as the other posters said, its good you have your two other bridesmaids to enjoy the day and go shopping together!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for all the replies! I know I'm still going to have a lovely day with my bridesmaids who can come on Saturday!

And I can also see that pretty much everyone has a lot on their plate with the wedding planning and some planning stress! I'm sure everybody will get through all their list of things to do and I support you all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards