June 2012 Weddings
Options

Final Dress Fitting Nerves UPDATED with PIPS!!!

My final dress fitting is tonight!  I'm kinda nervous.  I shouldn't be.. I weigh within 2 pounds of what  I weighed when I went last time, but I'm kinda freaking! 

Pleasefitpleasefitpleasefit!!!!

Anyone else get like this the day of their final?

UPDATE:

It fits!

Re: Final Dress Fitting Nerves UPDATED with PIPS!!!

• Options
    Can't see this OP either! I hate you TK. I have my final dress fitting today too!
  • Options
    What is with TK om nom noming posts again?!
    LAME!

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I understand completely. When I went for my last fitting the dress fit perfect. My weight doesn't usually fluctuate, but I am still nervous that when I go to pick up the dress(Next Wed) that it won't fit the same.
  • Options
    I was like this.. but I had gained 8lbs.
    It didn't zip all the way..but it does now. I am sure 2lbs is barely noticeable.. and if it is.. that is easy to lose.
  • Options
    I haven't had my final fitting yet.. but I am nervous about it, because you just never know. Stress does weird stuff to bodies! Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    I'm actually DOWN 2 pounds, but they had to take my dress in and so I'm nervous that I may have shrunk out of it.. and I certainly don't want to purposefully GAIN it!
  • Options
    I so did at my first fitting to the point that I called to find out if they had my dress in a larger size. I actually must have lost some weight because the dress fit perfect and wasn't as tight as it was the first time.

I've heard that you should drink lost of water. Hth!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh you should be fine :)
  • Options
    Hey! There it is! I'm sure you'll be just fine! A few pounds aren't going to make your dress not fit. :)
  • Options
    I can't see it either! BUT I am sure it will go great :) We love pictures too!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For my final fitting, I was PMS-ing and bloated. Plus it didnt help that I had a venti sized coffee before I went in and had to pee so bad! I could tell the difference, but it still 'fit'. Since then I'm down ~5lbs (yeah water weight, holy crap), and find it hard to eat lately; I'm just too busy going in a million directions! I'm usually a nervous eater, so we'll see if this backfires.
    SoSaysTara - you should be fine, maybe you'll just have to stay really well hydrated ;)
  • Options
    I was very nervous to put my wedding dress on again after gaining about 8-10 lbs. It fit fine though, and I've since taken those pesky pounds off again. It wasn't too bad though because mine has a corset back.

Good luck and it'll be awesome and fine! It's a great feeling being in your wedding dress :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sure it will fit perfectly. Being within 2 pounds should not make a real difference.

Back in March I was so afraid my dress wouldn't fit anymore. My Dad had just been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and it was midterms so I gained ten pounds. I have taken the weight back off but i was afraid I was going to have to wear a cape if the back wouldn't zip all the way up haha
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm a little worried too.  I've gained 6 pounds since I had my last fitting. I have a corset back so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    I have my final fitting on Monday and I'm nervous as heck! I've gone up about 6-8 lbs since my last fitting when we discovered I had "an abnomally large ribcage" which made it hard to lace up in the first place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Options
    My final fitting is Wednesday and I'm kinda freaking out about it simply because they had to take the top in about 3 inches and I lost more weight from stess since I had my last fitting.
  • Options
    I too lost 2 lbs & even though it is a corsetted back, it would have to be taken in on the sides otherwise the nice V look would be gone on the bottom of it.  I am stressed out all of a sudden - so much so that my back went out yesterday.  I never had anything like that happen before.  My 3rd fitting is tomorrow, but today I look so boney.  I hope it is just from all the pain I have been in with my back.  I had McD's for lunch & fillet mignon is for dinner tonight.  I will add some ice cream for dessert.  I went from not feeling stressed to this..  What the heck???  3 wks & a day to go - can't wait for it to get here already...
  • Options
    Beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards