Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Guest book ideas needed

I am looking for a fun idea, other than just having people sign a book.  I've seen a few ideas online, but wanted to see what other people are doing.
TIA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Guest book ideas needed

• Options
    I got a few good ideas from Martha Stewart Weddings: instead of a book, get some coloured paper, pencil crayons, stickers, etc, and have people write you notes on the paper to stick in a scrapbook later.
  • Options
    We decided against the traditional guest book as well. We just couldn't imagine ever taking the book out and actually looking at it after the wedding. So we decided to do a guest book frame, where people can sign a mat that is around a picture of the couple. We chose to use one of our Engagement pictures in the center, and then we can hang it up in our home instead of storing a book away that may never be looked at again.

I've seen a ton of great ideas here on TK. I've seen people do wishing trees, wishing bowls, sign a chair or bench, and I love the scrap book idea. Vistaprint would be a great site to look at and get ideas other than the traditional book.
  • Options

I agree about taking the guest book out and actually reading it. I don't think I'd ever want to and usually when I got to weddings, I've seen ppl who just sign their names. How is that fun in any way? So I found an idea on a wedding on the knot. I'm going to buy an old polaroid camera and have guests take a pic of themselves and write something on the bottom of the pic. Then leave a book next to the camera with places for them to stick their photos! :)

• Options
    We have a huge frame that holds a 5x7 photo.  People will be signing the mat around the picture.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I did a book of our engagement pictures but left the pages blank so people could write yearbook style.  I put headings at the top that said "Advice for the Newlyweds," "Secrets to a Happy Marriage," etc.  I loved reading what everyone wrote.  I also had it at my shower and at the RD so people would have more time to sign it.
  • Options
    I just ordered a frame off of target. Instead of doing just 1 5x7 picture, I found a frame that holds 5 4x6 pictures so guests can sign all around the pictures on the white mat and we can put wedding photos in it and hang it. I've seen this done at one wedding and it was a brilliant idea.

I've also seen the metalic plate and you sign that, and I wasn't crazy about that.
  • Options
    I used http://www.picaboo.com/ and used baby pic's, etc to make ours...Still a book, but a little less traditional.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    We're renting a photo booth, so we're doing a scrap book style guest book.  I've also seen some ideas, and here are a few for you:

1. Two jars, one with wishes for your guests ("take a wish") and then one jar that's empty with paper and pens next to them for your guests to write well wishes and advice for the newlyweds ("make a wish"). 

2. Leave squares of paper with what looks like a conversation bubble on it so that people could write little messages to the bride & groom. 

3.  A bride got a bunch of flat(ish) rocks.  Then she had all her guests sign & leave messages on them with some sort of permanent marker/ink.  Then she had them sealed and put them in her garden.  You could do smaller stones and make a jar of stones for your home. 

4.  My fiance's sister had me design a plate for her.  Then she had everyone sign it and then brought it back to the pottery place to be glazed. 
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    I've seen some cute guest book ideas in Etsy.  There are some sellers on there will take your personal pictures and relationship history that you give them a create a customized guest book.  That way guests enjoy looking through it in addition to signing.  Also, many of these books come with prompts for your guest, like "How did you meet B&G?", "What is G's favorite thing about B?", etc.  That gives your guest something to get them started, so you don't just get a million people who say, "Congratulations, beautiful wedding."
  • Options
    BrittneeH---Start buying Polariod film now!  It was discontinued about 1 year ago and is nowhere to be found in my area.  Hope you fimd it :)

We are probably doing the picture matte too.  I had thought it would be cool to have 8 or 12 white plates for signatures/blessings also.  This way we have those to pass down the generations like china.
  • Options
    I was recently in a wedding where the bride had a friend taking pictures of everyone as they arrived.  There was a photo album with space to sign and write a little message next to where the picture would go.  It was a big hit and the bridal party got together with the bride after the film was developed to help her put them all in the book, so it was fun to have some final "wedding stuff" to do after the wedding.  It was fun and a nice change from the traditional book (and cheaper then polaroid film, but that is great too).  We had some poster board and markers on hand too and some guests made signs to hold up in their pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards