New York-Long Island

Looking for Hybrid Band / DJ or Both?!

I just last week got engaged :) and the most important thing for us is the music (aside from the venue, which we're close to choosing)...

We would really love to have both a band and a DJ, but we're guessing this may be pricey, although we're willing to spend up to $8,000 on the music.  Does anyone have any recommendations on DJs and Bands/Orchestras that work together or anything along those lines? I'm not sure where to start...

Re: Looking for Hybrid Band / DJ or Both?!

• SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!!! I don't know exactly what you are looking for. We booked Body Rock which is an amazing DJ. We hired a percussionist to perform along with the DJ and MC to completely liven up the whole musical experience. This ads a lot of "Swag" without a huge price tag. You have the option of adding saxaphones, drums, and all sorts of stuff through this company. Check it out!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Vision from Franklin Wayne Music.  They're a band but will give you the DJ feel you want.  They're fantastic!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • susjon08susjon08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    747 Orchestra is the band we used and they were beoynd AMAZING.  They have been playing weddings for more than 20 years and used to be an agency band , but now are on their own and prices were great!  Their songs, their energy and their professionalism is something you will not find anywehre else,..believe me, we looked at 15 bands..and they were a delight to work with. THey also have DJs...contact info 516 365-5664
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Soul Revival for our wedding and they were amazing!!!!!!!!  I hghly recommend them.  We only had a band for our reception, so I don't know if they have DJ's but it's worth asking them.  They are within your price range also.  Website:

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of the suggestions... I will definitely check them out!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards