Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Davids Bridal Tux Rentals

I was looking at renting our tuxs from davids bridal. Just wanted to see what other people thought? have you had good/bad experiences there? thanks!

Re: Davids Bridal Tux Rentals

• Options
    MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal actually has a partnership with Men's Warehouse.  I have heard mixed reviews on them.  Personally, we had a TERRIBLE experience with the one across from HyVee on Valley West Drive.  My FI was in a good friend's wedding.  Almost everyone had tuxes that didn't fit-including the groom and they tried to tell him that he'd have to come back Saturday (they day of his wedding) at 1 to get his pants since they had to send them back to the warehouse.  Well pics started at noon and was in AMES, so that just didn't work. (FYI, tuxes didn't get in until Thursday day before the wedding and it's a 2 day turn around to get tuxes sent out-back)  They eventually found a way to make it work, but not until the bride called numerous times and put up a stink that they were able to get them in time. Also, while we where in there, 3 other people were picking up their tuxes and all 3 of them did NOT fit and had to be sent back/reordered.  I just don't understand going in for a fitting and getting measurements taken, when they aren't even going to use them.  It's one thing to have to hem a pant in store-it's another to have a jacket that's 3 sizes too small, and pants that are 4 inches too short.  

Anyway, we are going with Savii and have so far had a great experience with them. 
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't recommend them either.  We went there to look at tuxes and were quoted $135 for the ones we wanted.  We weren't 100% sure yet, so we waited.  Then we got our BM dresses at David's and we were given a coupon to use at Men's Warehouse (since they work together).

We went back out and picked out the exact same tux, same everything and guess what - the price came to $135/each.  I mentioned that this was the same price we were quoted BEFORE the coupon and the lady basically told me I was crazy and that was the lowest she would go. 

We ended up going to Milroys as I've heard a ton of positive reviews.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards