Florida-West Coast
Options

Planning a Clearwater wedding from Texas- help!

I am trying to plan my wedding on the beach in Clearwater for next July and would love some feedback from anyone who has used one of the thousands of wedding planners I find online. Any recommendations? Something I should make sure to ask? The wedding is going to be about 50 people - I'd love to find a unique,local place for a small party after. Ideas? 

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!  Suzy 

Re: Planning a Clearwater wedding from Texas- help!

• Options
    I posted a few weeks ago about this and I got exactly what I want and a person who meets all my criteria.  She's also highly recommended on here.  The only problem is that she books fast.

Julie, owner of Chic N Fabulous
    http://chicdesignsnfabulousevents.blogspot.com/

I was afraid, by looking at her website, that she'd be too expensive, but she works with all budget.  I knew she was the right person within a minute of meeting her.
  • Options
    You can't mean that you are considering an outside wedding in JULY. 

The locals here won't even go to any outdoor event from May through September.  Even at night it's so hot and humid with mosquitoes that you just can hardly breathe.

We got married in July and the photog wanted me to go outside for some "cool shots."  He asked me three times.  On the third time, I said that he could certainly go outside but I really wouldn't.

Then we went out to the beach for a three day mini-moon before we took off for our HM, and we had to get up and do stuff until about 10 a.m., then we could go back out on the beach around 7:00 p.m.

Location suggestion:  You could consider Spinners Restaurant on the top of the Grand Plaza Hotel.  I've never been but several Knotties have mentioned it. 

http://www.grandplazaflorida.com/spinners_restaurant.html
  • Options
    I have to agree with Kristin. If you are getting married on the beach in July I would do an early morning wedding. We got married at 10 am on a Sunday in December and it was 72 degrees and sunny. My groom was sweating.

But for an overall planner go with Julie. Day of go with Stacy of Unique Event Design

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't have any help to offer (sorry!) but just wanted to say "hello"!  I'm a TX bride getting married in the Tampa/St. Petersburg/Clearwater area too!  Where in TX are you?  PM, we should chat Laughing
  • Options
    Okay I live and grew up 15 mins from Clearwater beach and I have never heard "the locals" not going to outdoor events from May thru Sept. This is just crazy to me. My good friend also a "local" just had her wedding in June; outdoors on the beach. She had over 300 attendents. I would say an earlier or later wedding would be better then mid-day due to the heat but Texas isn't a cold weather summer either. Also most venues have a wedding planner on site. I hope you are able to find the venue of your dreams and have a wonderful wedding day! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We've been to tons of wedding during the summer.  The beach is always cooler than inland because of the breeze.  The wedding itself only lasts a few minutes and then everyone goes inside for the reception.

The only thing I'd be concerned about it hurricanes.  There is a company that offers wedding insurance to help cover the costs should the wedding be delayed or moved.

• Options
    Easy......Contact lastingimpressions@live.com

She is fantastic......she did my hubbys and my wedding (second wedding for me), My daughter's wedding and my Sister's wedding. Our family wouldn't think of using anyone else.
    She will take your vision and make it a reality without breaking your bank. Most people hear "Wedding" and see $$$$.....Not here. She is fantastic....You really should meet her.
    Katie is as budget minded to eleborate as you chose to be.
    Her number is 727-287-8160...................................Tell her Mrs "C" and her family sent you,

Thanks and Good LuckLaughing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards