Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

I Need Help! Wedding in less than a month and no ceremony music!

So I know this sounds really dumb but, I had no idea that Church of Christ had a no strictly no instramental policy. Its my fiancee's parents church and the pastor just broke the news to us. We are so untraditional and it ruined all the songs I was going to use. We were gonna use Beatles, Sinatra, Elvis and some random indie tunes here or there. I looked all over to find a cappela covers but came up empty handed. Can anybody help a girl out?

Re: I Need Help! Wedding in less than a month and no ceremony music!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could help, but we are kinda screwed too for ours. I had no idea what to play in the first place, and then he told us its ually someone from the chucrh who comes to play.well my FI got an acoustic guitar player? wtf is he going to play? Im lost.   all i can offer you is google. they have alot of ideas~!
  • Options
    allegratreeallegratree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does the church have a music director?  If so, utilize them.  They are there to help you.  But I can tell you, as a professional church musician, that if you go into almost any church and want Beatles, Sinatra, Elvis, or anything non-sacred at your wedding, you'll be flat out told no.  Again, utilize any music people they have there - they will be able to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might like going with some classical music. My daughter is walking down the isle to "Cannon in D, with piano and strings", the wedding party is walking down the isle to "Jesu, A Joy of Man's Desiring". You can listen to these on youtube.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards