New Hampshire
Options

Reception Venues in Concord/Manchester/Nashua/Seacoast

I have been a board lurker for a while now, but we are now finally engaged! I have been keeping lists of possible vendors, but I feel like I almost have too many at this point! I don't want to go crazy calling and checking out a zillion venues.

I am looking for a venue:
-in the Concord/Manchester/Nashua/Seacoast area
-that would work with a budget of 10-15k
-that has a nice spot for a ceremony, I would like a place outside with an inside backup
-that would be good for pictures (outside, a cute downtown area, etc.)

Thanks so much in advance for your help! Smile

Re: Reception Venues in Concord/Manchester/Nashua/Seacoast

• Options
    redvi01etredvi01et member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and we're not counting rings or honeymoon in our budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married at the Granite Rose in Hampstead NH. www.graniterose.com
    They have 2 outdoor ceremony areas and I thought their prices were very reasonable. Of course your budget depends on how many people you plan on having at the reception.
    Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AmyLou09AmyLou09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sky Meadow in Nashua was great to work with and I found them to be very reasonably priced.  The outside ceremony area was absolutly perfect (see my bio for pictures) and I also liked the back up plan (they would drop down a wall in the middle of the reception room and move all the tables onto one side and set up chairs on the other--- i HATED the idea of people sitting at their tables while we got married, I dont know why but it was one of my biggest no no's.). 

As far as your budget goes I geuss it depends on how many people you are inviting!  for example, you couldnt do 200 people on that budget at most venues in southern NH.  But it is doable with less people! Give Lynn at Sky Meadow a call and let her show you around, tell her I sent you she loves me!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our Friends got married over the summer at the Mile Away Restaurant in Milford, NH. It's reasonably priced and beautiful. They have an indoor space incase of rain. If you'd like to see some pictures, send me a pm. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at the Castleton it's in Salem or Windham (right on the border) I had my HS prom there years ago and it was beautiful, right on a lake outdoor option or indoor near a waterfall.  I know they're used to big crowds but I'm not sure the prices.  GL!
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Candia Woods (about 15 minutes east of Manchester) www.candiawoods.com  They have outdoor ceremony space, and well within that budget because it is similar to ours, and we are guessing between 90-100 people!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Castleton is nice but when you have to move the ceremony inside, you get married in the entrance way.  Then during cocktail hour people can't really sit because they fold up the chairs and you can't get into the reception room.  The wedding I went to there this happened too and it was kind of ugly.  If the weather is perfect for you it is beautiful outside.  However,I agree with the first response about The Granite Rose.  I am acutally having my wedding there next February.  When things need to be moved inside they do a good job.    
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    edited December 2011
    Also check out the Exeter Inn. We looked at it but ultimately decided to go with something else. There is a beautiful outdoor spot for a ceremony and a very nice option if you need to do it indoors, or you can rent a tent. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding thi past summer at Sky Meadow and it was gorgeous.  e only thing I didn't like about it was that there was a bar/lounge for members open at the time.  We didn't see anyone else.  What did bother me was that the wait staff for the lounge used the same kitchen door as our waitstaff.  I had a table over toward the side and was constantly seeing waitors walking in and out carrying drinks.....right in the reception hall.  Found that strange.

I am having our reception at Castleton in Windham.  It is beautiful especially in the fall when all the leaves are changing.  The outdoor ceremony site is nice but we are getting married in the church so not sure about what happens if it rains.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to Harris' Pelham Inn, but we've had a few past brides on here post great experiences with them.

http://www.harrispelhaminn.com/Menu.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Harris Pelham Inn and they have BEAUTIFUL grounds outdoors. A little Pond in the background and a gazebo to have your ceremony. They also have a room down stairs that you can have your ceremony in. You have access to the entire building for your wedding, there will not be any other events while your wedding is going on. Its family style dinner and its as much as you want. If your guests LOVE corn then they will continue to bring corn out until your guests are sooo stuffed. 

Its beautiful inside and out and they are sooo reasonably priced. You only pay for your guests to eat, no room rental fee, no cake cutting fee.... just food. You could have your wedding there and still be way within your budget. 
  • Options
    TroyandKellyTroyandKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Without knowing how many people will be invited to your wedding, it is hard to know what fits into your budget.
    I am getting married at Zorvino Vineyards in Sandown, NH www.zorvino.com, with 200 people coming to my wedding during prime season - my wedding total is about $25k, this is including everything from rings to all vendors.  They have a great vendor package too!  Inside is as beautiful as the outside.
    The Granite Rose and Castleon are pretty - but the indorr wedding option is limited.  Pelham Inn is also pretty and might give you a better option.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the help, everyone! I am feeling a little less overwhelmed now that I have some good recommendations instead of just a gigantic list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards