Connecticut

BEWARE: Village Cleaners in Litchfield, CT

I want to warn everyone about Village Cleaners in Litchfield located at 7 Village Green Drive.  My mom dropped my dress off (to have it cleaned/pressed - there were a couple, very faint, small stains, no bigger than the tip of a finger) with them on Mon. before my Sat. wedding (9/15/12), and they put a rush order on it to have her pick it up after 5 on Wed. 

The dress was ready at the time promised, but when my mom pulled it out of the bag to examine it, she found a 5" scrape on the back and multiple grey stains.  She said the scrape looked like someone had clawed it and that the stains looked like they had been made by dirty cleaning fluid that had been reused several times before they used it on my ivory, silk dress.  The clerk called the owner, and my mom was able to speak with him.  The owner said he would personally take the dress to the place they send their garments (apparently the cleaning is not done on premise) and oversee the removal of the stains. 

My mom picked up the dress a second time on Thurs. and the stains had been mostly removed, so they brought it home.  Upon trying the dress on, we discovered that it had shrunk enough so that my mom had to add extra fabric to the straps so that the bust would sit in line with my chest.

After all of this, the cleaners still only refunded half of the charges we paid - $16.50 of $33.  I am disgusted that they 1. damaged my dress to begin with, 2. returned the dress to us in that state, 3. charged us anything at all for their services, and 4. damaged my dress further, requiring structural change to the dress two days before the wedding.  They also wanted me to bring the dress in after the wedding so they could send it off to analyze the fabric or some crap, I said NO WAY.

Please do not go here to have your wedding dress (or other garments, for that matter) dry cleaned!  I hope I can prevent this stressful experience for another bride, and I'm planning to post reviews on Google and any where else I can.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BEWARE: Village Cleaners in Litchfield, CT

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards