Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How to include them?

We’re having a city hall ceremony, followed by a dinner in a restaurant (private room) for family, then an after party at our house for friends, etc. We have a niece (age 2) and nephew (age 4) who if we were having a regular ceremony, we would want to be the ring bearer and flower girl. Obviously we have no need for a ring bearer and flower girl in our ceremony, so does anyone have any suggestions/ideas what we could do to include them in our day? It’s pretty important that to us that we do something to make them feel special so any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Re: How to include them?

• Options
    why can't you stil have them be a flower girl and ring bearer? they can walk up the aisle and stand with you. not that a 2 year old will remember it anyway.......

id be  more concerned about the 2 receptions. i hope you're providing food and drinks and fun for the 2nd one.....

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_how-to-include-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:259d95a2-8eb5-48fe-8dd1-66d937a27debPost:28eb4777-41c7-4dcf-8d3e-76d443ec07fc">Re: How to include them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would give them each a flower to hold during the ceremony.  No official position is necessary.  Your ceremony and reception sound very nice, but I question the afterparty.  <strong>I think it would be better to have this on a different date, so it isn't confused with a tiered wedding reception</strong>.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Good point!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_how-to-include-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:259d95a2-8eb5-48fe-8dd1-66d937a27debPost:28eb4777-41c7-4dcf-8d3e-76d443ec07fc">Re: How to include them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would give them each a flower to hold during the ceremony.  No official position is necessary.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

<div>Simple but effective! Maybe have them had you the flower when the ceremony is over too to make it feel like they're sealing the deal?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards