Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Rennaissance Bridals in York..

Has anyone had any experiences with Rennaissance Bridals in York? I live in York and was thinking about heading over there to look for my wedding dress, but was wondering if anyone had any feedback...?

Thanks for your help girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rennaissance Bridals in York..

• Options
    peach5757peach5757 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was there the end of February and found my wedding dress!  I had only been to one other shop (Taylored for You Bridal in Mechanicsburg).  They were very helpful and were able to squeeze me in for an appointment on short notice on a Saturday.  The only negative things I have to say are that they won't tell you who the designers of the dresses are...that is until you pick one and make the payment!  They played it off like they just didn't know who the designers were, but obviously that's not true and they just don't want you to go somewhere else or online and get it cheaper (which is understandable).  They also won't let you take pictures of yourself in the dress.  After purchasing my dress and looking up the designer online when I got home I noticed it was a 2008, which annoyed me at first since it's a style that has been around for a few years, but ultimately I love my dress and got over that it's not the designers newest line (and to be honest I didn't like anything I saw online in that particular designers newest line).  The designer of my dress is Blue by Enzoani.  Anyway, hope this helps a bit.  I would say give it a shot.  They definitely try to work within your price point, etc. and offer helpful advice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Renaissance, but ended up getting my dress elsewhere.  I made an appointment, and I was a few minutes early.  Apparently the two brides with appointments before me were late, so they just ignored me, my MOH and my Mom until I finally said something.  We ended up looking for dresses and I told her the EXACT dress I wanted to try on.  She gave me some... we don't keep the tags on the dresses so we don't know which dress is by which designer speech.  I'm not sure, but I'm pretty positive the should know who the designers are incase someone ONLY wants to try on a certain designer.  The lady I worked with was helpful once we finally got someone to pay attention to us.  I found a dress I liked, but I didn't love it, so I kept looking.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Renaissance and had a similar experience to peach. They wouldn't disclose the designer name until check was in hand. Every other store I visited at least disclosed the designer. I called another bridal store and found the dress at 30% less and similar quotes online. Ultimately I love my dress and the staff was great to me and my MOH. However, I was turned off by their business practices. It is certainly worth the visit, but beware. Good luck on your dress hunt!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience in that I found the dress I wanted and had to research and find the designer...I asked a lot of vague questions and got hints since they would not disclose the name.  Then I went to a different shop and got it for about 30% cheaper...I was amazed in the price difference.  GOOD LUCK!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to renaissance for bridesmaids dresses.  I had gotten prom dresses there back in the day, so I thought the experience would be the same - I was wrong!  The lady helping us asked as soon as we walked in if we were planning on giving deposits that day - uhhh, we didnt even try on dresses yet lady!  We ended up picking every dress out ourselves and I was running between 4 dressing rooms exchanging dresses for my girls because no one was around to help.  We were asked 4 more times if we were doing deposits though when they would show up. 

I wanted all my girls in the same general color, but it could be different designers.....we were told there were 2 areas of dresses that could be ordered in the same color. My girls found dresses they loved within the specified areas of the shop, and it wasn't until they were writing down the style numbers that we were told they actually COULDNT order them the same.... so 3 of the girls had to totally start over. 

We didn't do deposits that day, to which the woman turned around and just walked away from us - no thank you for coming in or anything.  I wrote an email requesting the style numbers we tried on (make that 3 emails) because they wouldn't give them to me that day, and finally I got a response, however the styles numbers weren't all correct.  We found the dresses online for about $50 less each.  I emailed the manager my concerns about our visit, and my response was something to the effect of "paying customers get better service"....well, we would have been paying customers that day if we actually GOT service.

Sorry for the long rant - but that was my experience. Hopefully yours isnt the same.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It didn't thrill me.  I had about an $800 budget for the dress itself and when I mentioned that it was like, "uh, we're only going to be able to look at the discontinued dresses.  the ones on the floor start at around 1000."  I understand my budget was modest, but I didn't even get to pick what dresses to try on from the discontinued - they just brought me some.  This is also a very minor problem, but they use straight pins to fit the gowns once on.  Well one was still stuck in the dress and sliced my thigh.  I personally liked Kryslynn's Bridal in York.  They will let you take any pictures you want and the price on one dress I was interested in was about $75 less than a place in Lancaster.  They were very sweet there.  I went to about 10 stores, so I saw the range. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I may take my chances, but I'm not going in with the highest of expectations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    linz85linz85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rennaissance can be pricey....and won't let you take pictures. Try Premiere Bridal on Carlisle Road in York. Both my sister and I got dresses there...They are absolutely wonderful. Reasonable priceys, not pushy, very helpful, understanding, knowledgeable, lets u take pictures, helps you find THE ONE...PM me if youd like to hear my full experience or need directions!! I would seriously reccomend this place to ANYONE AND EVERYONE.
    **All WELCOME!**
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
    BabyName Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards