Retro and Vintage Weddings

Ring Bearer:

So, I'm having trouble thinking about what to do for my ring bearer.  We're having his (female) cousin take on the job, and we're having her wear the same outfit as the bridesmaids--
I don't want her to carry a pillow.. But I'm feeling uninventive for a different option!
Any ideas?...
Peaches!
~Kat
Retro & Vintage Knotties Siggy Challenge
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ring Bearer:

• How about a small drawstring pouch that would resemble a coin purse?

Or, how about a small replica of the BM's bouquets with a ring box in the middle?
    (Those seem like good ideas if she's older.)

If she's a young child, a basket like the flower girls' would work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our ring bearers are going to be my twin nephews. They're each going to carry a ring in a mini wooden treasure chest that I got from michaels. It's just plain wood that I'm going to stain to make it look a little more finished.
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Any type of box would be neat.  Like PP said you could get a wooden box from a craft store and make it your own.  Or a small silver jewerly box would be nice too.  Depending on on their age maybe a crystal bowl with some ribbon draped out of it in your wedding colors.
    What a great idea to use something other than a pillow, there are so many great ideas out there!  I'm not having any children attendants, so I haven't had to think about these things.
  • i like the drawstring pouch idea.  you can hang little flowers from the tassles/strings.  plus...she can put it on her wrist and not lose it.
  • I think that since she is ten, you should do a bouquet of some sort.. maybe the rings tied to the bouquet or a pouch attached to the bouquet? That's just my opinion, though.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • I think people will be able to figure it out!  And I'm sticking to my guns, go with something new, I really like the "out of the box" (or in the box, literally) ideas!!  But that's just me....I'm kinda sick of seeing the same old bouquets and pillows and stuff!
  • Aw... AmberMarieTX, that's such a cute idea!!!!.... Hmmm... I'll run it by her (she gets to choose, afterall!) and we'll see what she wants, but I think I'm going to try to sway her opinion toward the bouquet ;)
    Peaches!
    ~Kat
    Retro & Vintage Knotties Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards