Illinois-Chicago

Looking for a reception venue for 250+ guests in the Naperville area. Please help!

I looked through the venues listed on theknot but have not found something that is close enough, and allows for 250 guests or more. 

I'm looking for something affordable and unique even. I would not like to use a regular banquet hall or hotel, but if I don't find anything else, I might have to. 

I would even be ok with using a nice house with a big beautiful yard, an outdoor place with a nice big tent, a barn, a loft, a nightclub, or something of that sort. I am open to the venue catering or bringing my own caterer. 

I would not like my guests traveling too far (15-20min ok) since the ceremony will be at a church where the officiant has known my family my whole life. The church is located in the Aurora area but I know Naperville might have nicer places.

Please help with some ideas! Im really open to any suggestions! THANK YOU! :) 

Re: Looking for a reception venue for 250+ guests in the Naperville area. Please help!

• Klein Creek Golf Club in Winfield.  We had our reception there; ours was small so we used the clubhouse but we did go to a Fireman's Ball in the Big Tent and it was very nice.  I think you need a 200 or 250 min. to reserve it.
  • jls522jls522 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Arrowhead Golf Club in Wheaton may be able to accomodate your number.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had our wedding at Mayslake Peabopdy in Oak Brook. It is unique and gorgeous. You can rent out the whole place or even do a tent on the property.   I didnt' want banquet hall either, I wanted something really unique and it was everything I dreamed of.
    www.mayslakepeabody.com

These pics were all taken in different rooms and places in the mansion. The website has good pics of all the rooms and the grounds.

• My reception is being held at Meson Sabika in Naperville. One of the reasons I liked it was because it was not your traditional banquet hall. The food there is amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I called up Arrowhead Golf club and while they didn't have my date available, they did redirect me to some places that could hold us. I would suggest that
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards