Canada

Outdoor Wedding Ceremony

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are planning to have an outdoor ceremony at a public park in Mississauga (as ourselves and most of our families and friends are from Mississauga). Our reason is because we want our dogs to be part of the wedding party when we we walk down the aisle.

Does any one have any advice as to how I go about to booking the park and ideas for what my backup plan can be in the case of inclement weather!? That is our biggest concern.

Anything would help!!!! THANKS!

Re: Outdoor Wedding Ceremony

• edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are planning to have an outdoor ceremony at a public park in Mississauga (as ourselves and most of our families and friends are from Mississauga). Our reason is because we want our dogs to be part of the wedding party when we we walk down the aisle.

Does any one have any advice as to how I go about to booking the park and ideas for what my backup plan can be in the case of inclement weather!? That is our biggest concern.

Anything would help!!!! THANKS!
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married in a state park, so I just googled and found the state park's phone number and went from there.  I am sure you can do the same for a city/town/county public park.  Our ceremony and half of our reception is outside, part of it is inside, so our rain plan is to hope it doesn't rain lol.  Tents are really expensive to rent and I didn't want to put a deposit down for a tent that we might not even need, so our plan is to watch the forecast and if it is going to rain call every tent place in town to try to rent tents.  I'd rather have a little extra stress the week of than be out hundreds of dollars for something we don't even want.  But we're not going to have to worry about it, because I've told Mother Nature that it wont be raining that day :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a bit of searching around on the Mississauga city site and this is probably the area you should look around: http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/parkpermits

It talks about how to get a permit for photography, but mentions that there are locations for ceremonies too.  I'd say to give the Parks department a call and talk to someone.  I'm sure they've dealt with weddings many times in the past and could probably help you out quite a bit!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards