Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Can't contain the excitement!!! Have to share- sorry for the sappiness

It was our one year anniversary and we decided to just have a "do everything" day. So we started out skating at Robson Square early in the morning so we were practically the only ones there. Then went for a tandem bike ride around Stanley Park (like we did on our first Valentine’s Day together.) and then we went to see a movie together.  The movie was "True Grit", something we both wanted to see.After the movie we decided to head home to get ready for a super fancy dinner that he had made reservations for.  We both got gussied up to the hilt (it took me about an hour *sigh*) and we headed out the door.  The restaurant was called Cin Cin and was an incredibly beautiful restaurant that I had been wanting to go to for months, but could never afford it.  The food was delicious and we enjoyed each other’s company surrounded by the wonderful Italian atmosphere and sounds of the open kitchen which was super fascinating to watch. After dinner he asked if I wanted to go for a walk down by the water like we used to do on some of our first dates. One of our favourite things to do is just go for walks with each other, so I instantly said "yes" and that it sounded like a great idea. On the way down to the water (it's about a 10 minute walk or so) he began to get super quiet.  I started to wonder if perhaps I'd done something wrong, or if he was okay.  I asked if everything was alright and he said "yeah, nothing's wrong" but that was it.  We ended up ahead of the Olympic torch which was beautifully lit up and surrounded by the twinkling lights of the city and the lights of North Vancouver across the water.  Suddenly he stopped and took my hand.  I wondered what he was doing as he pulled his iPod out of his pocket and clipped it to his jacket.  He began playing "In My Life" by Johnny Cash on the small speaker just loudly enough so he and I could hear it.  He then took my hand and waist and began dancing with me.  It was beautiful.  The next song to come on was Lullaby by Emitt Rhodes.  After that he stopped and looked at me.  It was almost a nervous look but he asked if it was okay for him to give me his anniversary gift now.  I said yes and before I knew it he was taking off his jacket and gloves and getting down on one knee.  "I want to give you everything" he said.  Past tears of joy (which caused him to begin shedding the odd tear too) I said yes.  To the excellent timing of his iPod the next song that came on was one of our favourites (Stardust by Artie Shaw) so as he slid the ring on my finger he took my hand again and our first dance as fiancés was to one of the most magical songs in the world.

Re: Can't contain the excitement!!! Have to share- sorry for the sappiness

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards