Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Lingerie shower idea

I have an idea for a lingerie shower...assuming the bride will agree of course...its a pj's and negligee theme...yes.. wear one or the other, cute, comfy, or sexy...
Any thoughts if this is stupid or fun?

All invited are fun, and not conservative..its her close friends and family.
I just wanted to do something fun and not the typical boring personal shower.
I was even thinking of having a vote on the best outfit...with a prize of course!

TIA

Re: Lingerie shower idea

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I would find it quite bizarre to be asked to wear a negligee in public to a shower. It seems on the extreme end of dictating your guests' attire, which I think is distasteful anyway.

I don't think the shower would be lacking anything if you just allowed the guests to wear their normal attire. Also, I've only been to a couple of lingerie showers, but they were both far from boring...I'm sure you'll still have a fabulous time with everyone fully clad.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't like being told what to wear, so I would decline this kind of invitation, even though I'm not particularly modest and have plenty of both PJs and lingerie that would be okay to wear out to a party like this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    konababe1konababe1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

its suppose to be fun...not dictating...Ive personally never been offended by being given a theme to party that suggested a certain type of wear...but thanks for your input
  • Options
    barbie92barbie92 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that would be a little too weird for me.
    My MOH is throwing me a lingerie shower/brunch type thing. Just let the guests wear what they want.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    KateG528KateG528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_lingerie-shower-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:f527b812-a86d-40ce-908b-b3a7003016ddPost:b6aab084-bbc3-4ccb-875b-3c0c472b30c2">Re: Lingerie shower idea</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I would find it quite bizarre to be asked to wear a negligee in public to a shower. It seems on the extreme end of dictating your guests' attire, which I think is distasteful anyway. I don't think the shower would be lacking anything if you just allowed the guests to wear their normal attire. Also, I've only been to a couple of lingerie showers, but they were both far from boring...I'm sure you'll still have a fabulous time with everyone fully clad.
    Posted by twilight.rose[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally agree.  I had a friend who had a lingerie shower and we played a game where we didnt put nametags on any of the gifts. The bride had to guess who it was from and if she didnt guess correctly she had to try on whatever was in the package.  This would be a fun way to bring in a game, but everyone would be fully clothed.  I'm sure this wont be boring but I wouldnt go to a shower where I had to wear a negligee as a guest.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    konababe1konababe1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ kate...thats a good idea I like that! Thanks for your input ladies :) Does anyone have any other ideas on how to make it fun? LIke games or something?
  • Options
    genzypoogenzypoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    eek! Im already embarrased enough of opening lingerie in front of my hunny's grandmothers let alone wearing pjs in front of them... I think that might be a thing for your bach party instead of a bridal shower..  When I think of bridal shower I think of frilly stuff, dressing up purty and a lot of women.  I would be really uncomfy if my MOH planned a lingerie bridal shower and would VETO it in a heartbeat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards