October 2012 Weddings
Options

Gifts for Bridesmaids

I'm really hoping to get bridesmaids gifts taken care of this weekend. I have a couple DIY photo frame ideas but I'm questioning that decision. Mainly because I'd have to figure out what colors look good in their home decor. If you were a bridesmaid would you be ok with something handmade or would you want something store bought?

Re: Gifts for Bridesmaids

• Options
    LDubHawksFanLDubHawksFan member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    I think homemade would be neat.  The frames sound like a great idea if you made them work in their house.  I wear the same jewelry, so any that I've received as a BM has eventually made it's way out of my jewelry box & donated.....

Eta, now you've totally made me rethink my gifts!  I haven't ordered yet, but I was thinking these necklaces and something else that fits their personalities.  I thought the necklace was cute, but now after what my initial thought from your post, I'm not sure if I should!  ha

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78942838/grace-swarovski-pearls-and-branch

• Options
     I think handmade is wonderful...I'd rather have handmade than cheaply store bought. If I were craftier, I'd make my girls' gifts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm handmaking almost all of their gifs with the help of my mom.  So far, I've made them wire name hangers, hair fascinators, and earrings.  My mom is going to make them some jewelry boxes and then I'll probably get them a bottle of wine.  All in all, I've spent about $35 on each girl and with the bottle of wine, it will probably be around $50 total.  I also paid for their hair and makeup.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'd like something handmade. I think it's more personal :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • Options
    I'm actually working on making picture frames for my girls right now. I picked a black shadow box frame with black/white damask background, and bright green ribbon and letters.

I based it off of the colors in my sister's apartment and the 31 bags my friend ordered which were the same color scheme.

I love handmade though so I guess I'm biased.  :)
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_gifts-for-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:20f72e75-9f8c-49bf-8342-898d87195ef5Post:cd49fc24-3a75-4007-91b7-6887b6e03bea">Re: Gifts for Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think homemade would be neat.  The frames sound like a great idea if you made them work in their house.  I wear the same jewelry, so any that I've received as a BM has eventually made it's way out of my jewelry box & donated..... Eta, now you've totally made me rethink my gifts!  I haven't ordered yet, but I was thinking these necklaces and something else that fits their personalities.  I thought the necklace was cute, but now after what my initial thought from your post, I'm not sure if I should!  ha <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/78942838/grace-swarovski-pearls-and-branch" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/listing/78942838/grace-swarovski-pearls-and-branch</a>
    Posted by lwoehlk[/QUOTE]
    I love that Etsy store!!  That jewlery fits my MOH to a tee!!  I may have just found her gift...<div>
    </div><div>Thanks :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • Options
    Homemade would be great!

I'd make mine if I could make anything worth gifting. ;)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm not doing anything good :( but I am going to do a little gift bag for each of them with things I believe they really will use.  I'm also including a handwritten letter to each of them explaining why I picked them to stand with me that day and what their friendship means to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    I love that necklace!! I'm flipping through that sellers store to see if there's anything gold toned I could get my BM's for them to wear! If you wanted you could get them that and put it in a box that you do up all fancy! You could get a plain wooden box (unfinished) and paint it by hand and do designs, their names, monograms, or mod podge on pictures/magazine clippings/etc. that showcase your friendship. Then you're getting them a little bit of both :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards