DC

The Bridal Boutique in Columbia

I know this shop has some really awful reviews online, but can you share any personal experiences you have with them especially ordering and alterations?  Or recommend a store with great alterations that sells the Allure line.  Thank you!

Here's the backstory: I fell in love with Allure 8862 at this shop and the consultant was awesome.  I'm nervous to order from them because of their reviews.  If I bought the dress I want to remove the applique and add a beaded belt along with typical alterations (bustle, shorten, and sew in cups). 

Re: The Bridal Boutique in Columbia

• Why don't you go to the allure site and look up reviews for all the authorized retailers in the area if that makes you feel more comforable? Any Allure retailer can order any of their dresses, even if they don't have that particular sample.

I'm glad you are taking online reviews with a grain of salt though :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_the-bridal-boutique-in-columbia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:c41148dc-f7e0-4d2b-b45f-943548279180Post:9f44a184-a09d-40c1-8378-eb8184efd67a">Re: The Bridal Boutique in Columbia</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why don't you go to the allure site and look up reviews for all the authorized retailers in the area if that makes you feel more comforable? Any Allure retailer can order any of their dresses, even if they don't have that particular sample. I'm glad you are taking online reviews with a grain of salt though :)
    Posted by PrfctL7[/QUOTE]

I found my dress at this store and thought the consultant was wonderful. One big issue for me though was that they waited until my dress came in to tell me they only do alterations M-F, which living an hour away (without traffic) was difficult. They made an exception for me but it was such a mess doing my alterations because it was on a saturday and there were girls everywhere trying on dresses and I kept having to move from mirror to mirror all pinned up.
    The dress did come out beautiful...but i agree, i would look at other places for alterations.

Good luck!
  • I got my dress here and my consultant was wonderful.  They are super laidback and have a pretty good selection.  I also liked the way that my consultant handled the selections part of the appointment - I described what I wanted and then she said she had some ideas, but sent me around the shop to pick out dresses I wanted to try on and then just put them on hooks that are placed periodically around the store.  I liked that because I got to SEE the merchandise as opposed to be being forced to try on whatever she thought looked like I wanted to try.

It wasn't until I bought my dress that I read the reviews on Wedding Wire and was kind of horrified.  But if you look closely at the reviews, all the negative ones are about alterations - I didn't see any about dresses not coming in or anything wrong on that end.  Since I live in D.C. and the alterations reviews sucked, I'm just going to get mine done somewhere else. 
  • I didn't get my dress here, but I wish I had! I went there the first time I went dress shopping, and it was a very informative and fun experience. I ended up getting my dress at David's Bridal and although they offered me a better deal, I felt like I was missing out on the great customer service that The Bridal Boutique offered. Ultimately, I have no idea how they handle alterations and things, but they were very upfront with me when I asked questions and seemed to be incredibly caring and thoughtful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards