Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Hair and Makeup Recommendations for large party

Hey Ladies

Can you recommend the person or people who did your hair or makeup??

I tired to book Angie Williams but struck out for my October 2012 wedding.

Also I have a large wedding party so if the stylist has assistants for no extra charge that would be awesome. 

Thanks

Re: Hair and Makeup Recommendations for large party

• Options
    I think most MUA charge per person. What is your budget for hair/mu and how many people?
  • Options
    I have a budget of about $250 for myself.  My wedding party has 9 girls not including MOB and MOG.
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/erinblairgobin is my first choice! 

https://www.facebook.com/MakeupArtistrybyCher is another I have worked with that is good
  • Options
    $250 for 11 people... Hair and makeup... That is not a realistic budget unfortunately. I would cut the list down or add more money.
  • Options
    I LOVED the girl who did my hair and make-up for the wedding.  She also did my wedding party, both the mom's and the grandmothers, but we started early because of that!  She only brought one other stylist with her for me, but would probably need more for your size group.  It also looks like her prices went up a little, so she may be just above your price range, but she was worth every penny of it.  AND, the price includes fake eyelashes, which everyone also loved!

Her name is Christie Lee, and you can find her here:
    http://www.christieleemua.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

She traveled to us the day of the wedding, which was a must for me!
    Good Luck!
  • Options

I think $250 was just for bridal.

I second Erin Gobin.

FYI, it cost me close to $800 to get hair and makeup for five girls, myself, and my mom.

Anniversary

• Options
    For that many people, I recommend a place like Haute Facade.  You go to their salon, but they will have a staff that can acommodate you, you can drink mimosas, and have a great time.  They charge $139 per person with $275 for the required assistant.  They do not do airbrush however.

No MUA will provide assistants for free for that many people.  I loved my MUA, Kristin Colaneri.  She would be $225 for you and $160 for each attendant for both hair and airbrush makeup.

So this gives you an idea of what you are looking at money-wise.
  • Options
    I loved Sara at Premier Atelier in Dallas near Preston Road and Northwest HW. She came to my house and worked for 4 hours for $400 for hair (5 people). You can also go to the salon. I think they just got a new make-up artist there to.

They do the hair and make-up for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader--although so not why I picked them. A colorist there is a friend of my moms and he recommended Sara to me.

Don't forget to include tips in your budget.
  • Options
    Carolina Janeckova (information below). She is doing hair and make-up for my wedding on March 17th. I received a lot of recommendation on her and met with her for a trial run. She is great at what she does and she is working on a wedding party of 6.  If you contact her, tell her Snow sent you.

214-231-8694
    www.hairandmakeupbycarolina.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards