October 2013 Weddings

Intro

Hello!  

I have been lurking long enough.  I waited until we set the date to start posting.  I am Steph - engaged to Steve as of September.  We set our date for October 12th, 2013 to be married in Southwest Florida.    

We have our venue for the ceremony/reception (same place), attendents and colors picked.  That's about it.  I am narrowing down other venors like the photographer and baker in the next few weeks.  

I so look forward to having other women to share the excitement with.  I love talking about gettiing married and I like the idea of planning along side other October brides.

Congrats to you all!
S'mores. Just S'mores please.

Re: Intro

• Welcome!

Do you like wine? If so, favorite kind?
    Cheese?
    How do you like your potatos?

• 09McSteph0309McSteph03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:a3ab55dd-deff-4d63-a160-57bc93815fabPost:abe854ac-5a74-4831-a654-002c8ca6bf81">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Do you like wine? If so, favorite kind? Cheese? How do you like your potatos?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I thought about how much info to share and thought "do they really care about ....."  </div><div>
    </div><div>Wine -red and with anything.  </div><div>Cheese - yes, I LOVE cheese.  Except from a can.  Grilled cheese sandwiches get made with Swiss in my house</div><div>Potatoes - I love a loaded baked potato.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I am an accountant - Fi is in banking/finance.  We have been together for over 5 years now and have two Boston Terriers.  I love to cook, he loves to fish.  We have grown up on the Gulf and got engaged on a beach.  We both have amazing families.  His is local but mine is not.  We are headed on our first vacation in YEARS in December.  We are off to snorkel in the Caribbean!  </div><div>
    </div><div>HIMYM, New Girl and The Big Bang Theory are must see's in my house.  Other than those three and The Walking Dead for him, we don't watch too much TV.  We do like movies and all kinds of movies.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Hope that gives a lot more insight to who I am </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:a3ab55dd-deff-4d63-a160-57bc93815fabPost:02122630-eccd-4bff-85c4-8c97ca3df758">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : I thought about how much info to share and thought "do they really care about ....."   Wine -red and with anything.   Cheese - yes, I LOVE cheese.  Except from a can.  Grilled cheese sandwiches get made with Swiss in my house Potatoes - I love a loaded baked potato.   I am an accountant - Fi is in banking/finance.  We have been together for over 5 years now and have two Boston Terriers.  I love to cook, he loves to fish.  We have grown up on the Gulf and got engaged on a beach.  We both have amazing families.  His is local but mine is not.  We are headed on our first vacation in YEARS in December.  We are off to snorkel in the Caribbean!   HIMYM, New Girl and The Big Bang Theory are must see's in my house.  Other than those three and The Walking Dead for him, we don't watch too much TV.  We do like movies and all kinds of movies.   Hope that gives a lot more insight to who I am 
    Posted by 09McSteph03[/QUOTE]

You've just become my friend! Ha I LOVE HIMYM, New Girl, and BBT.

I've never had a grilled cheese with swiss unless there was turkey with it and the bread was coated in egg,  theres a french name for it but I cannot spell it and it is supposed to be ham instead of turkey but I don't eat pork.

Two numbers people, that could be interesting!

• Croque Monsieur?  If so....this is the quickest friendship ever!   

The numbers thing works for us, though I know it couldn't for many.  

Enjoy HIMYM tonight.  After waiting two weeks for a new episode we sure are looking forward to it.
  • haha yes that is what it is.

I am hoping I get to watch it. We do this sign in thing at our favorite dive bar ($1 to get on the list and the amount is up to $6k, but you have to sign in each wk) on Monday nights, we are supposed to be going tomorrow night instead so I hope thats still going to happen or I will miss it.

• Hey!
    I am Valerie. Engaged to Cameron on May 27, 2011. Getting married on October 12, 2013. We just picked our venue and date! I've ordered invatitions that you print out yourself and started making DIY crafts for the wedding. We have a Fall theme with orange, brown, and burlap!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:a3ab55dd-deff-4d63-a160-57bc93815fabPost:f6926bef-9bb0-4b7e-89fe-0fff4029b2cd">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha yes that is what it is. I am hoping I get to watch it. We do this sign in thing at our favorite dive bar ($1 to get on the list and the amount is up to $6k, but you have to sign in each wk) on Monday nights, we are supposed to be going tomorrow night instead so I hope thats still going to happen or I will miss it.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>Whats the sign in/list for?  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:a3ab55dd-deff-4d63-a160-57bc93815fabPost:3d7fce8f-be81-4afd-9367-4b0f871452fe">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey! I am Valerie. Engaged to Cameron on May 27, 2011. Getting married on October 12, 2013. We just picked our venue and date! I've ordered invatitions that you print out yourself and started making DIY crafts for the wedding. We have a Fall theme with orange, brown, and burlap!
    Posted by vgarlin[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi Valerie - Congrats on all you have accomplished!  What kind of DIY youself are you planning and executing? </div>
  • Trying to do a lot of DIY! I'm making brooch boquets and boutonniers, all of the wedding decor, fingerprint tree (guestbook), the rest is still in planning. Luckily, my FI is super involved, so he will be there helping me along the way! What colors/themes are you doing for your wedding?
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_intro-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:a3ab55dd-deff-4d63-a160-57bc93815fabPost:eec2f160-4a5c-4c82-8494-aa02b073e66c">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Whats the sign in/list for?  
    Posted by 09McSteph03[/QUOTE]

If you sign in and your name is picked, you win that money (cash). If you don't sign in and your name is picked, you don't win the money and the pot just keeps growing. It is $1 a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards