Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

S/O **Married Ladies**

So what was your least favorite non-monetary gift?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O **Married Ladies**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone gave us a spice rack, which is nice except we didn't register for one because we already had one.  And we have NO idea where it came from.  We couldn't return it to BB&B, Target or Kohls.  I think we lost it in the move....

Someone also gave us a framed print of a couple holding hands with a long poem underneath about marriage.  They wrote a hand-written note on the back about our relationship and their wishes for us.  Its very sweet, but really not our style.  Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to get rid of it.  It stays in the closet and will probably be hung up if they ever come to visit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I knew this was coming.  I was asking b/c I'm going to the wedding and the groom actually told me that they don't need money and that they need things for their home.  Heck, I wish I were that lucky!!!

Anyway, I don't think I disliked anything we got.  Hmmm...I'll think and check back if I come up with anything. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a large ivory w/gold trim Lenox vase (completely NMS) that I "sold" to my mom LOL

I also got tv tray tables... yeah.  My family thought it was a flat screen tv or something because the box was large and heavy (and wrapped).  I was planning to return them to Sears for the whopping $35 back, but we have more room at our new apt so I kept them just in case we ever need them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not that it's a bad gift... just that it feels wasted.

We got a really nice chest of silverware. It's a super heavy, dark, wood chest with heavy, fancy silverware for 8 (I think). We received everyday silverware that we registered for at BBB but have no idea where the nice stuff came from. Currently, the chest is just sitting on the top of our wine tower/shelf thingy. I feel like we won't realistically use the super nice silverware anytime soon and I have a feeling it was a really expensive gift (came from a group of people at our shower).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my in laws friends gave us a set of gold silverware. GOLD! It looks like something the King would use back in Renaissance times.  Even though we had registered and already received our flatware, etc at my shower. And it came in this huge heavy wooden box. We searched high and low online for where this came from so we could exchange it and we and couldn't find it anywhere. It is currently taking up space in our 2nd bedroom until I decide to drag it to my church for them to take to donate somewhere.  
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MH!  I think we got that too along with a matching rosebud vase.  NMS either and we didn't register for it.  I still use them though but usually I go for silver metals or glass.  Ours is named "Perfect Petals".  Does that ring a bell?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was similar to this, but had vines/leaves on it.  It wasn't horrible, I just knew I would never ever use it.
    http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=352735&cm_mmc=Google_Feed-_-6-_-75-_-MP675

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and it had the Lenox outlet price sticker still on it.... BIG RED sticker with $60 on it.  SMH
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha MH- the sticker thing is classic

These were a close second for us..

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JEGs' very sweet aunt gave us the most hideously ugly photo album.  The thing is covered in a floral fabric with lace, two plastic wedding rings and two plastic doves. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This isn't least favorite but funny. My shower I opened a gift from my moms Aunt. Fist I pull out the tea kettle, followed by some lingerie. I to wear while making tea?

We also received a crystal clock, martini glasses and a frame (I think) from one of DH's moms friends. They are really nice but NMS.

And some cream towels and little knick knack type things from my one aunt. Towels are nice but I registered for black and yellow, I can understand if you want to get something other then what I registered for but at least check out the registry to get an idea of my color schemes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got a clock from things rememberd with our names and wedding date.  Don't really have anywhere to put it.  It's not ugly though.  Also an antique fish serving set.  no idea what I'm going to do with it.
  • Options
    luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A set of Mr and Mrs bath towels with a bride/groom on the hand towel.  NMS at all.  They are hanging in our guest bathroom as a decoration so I didn't have to buy other towels for that room...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a few people who gave us nothing...including one member of the bridal party whose dress I paid for because she was supposedly strapped for cash.  She also gave me nothing at the bridal shower, except, I guess, her presence.  Whatevs ;)

A couple of my friends threw the hotel soap and shampoos into our card box with a note on them, but that was as a joke.  We really didn't get anything tacky or that we didn't need.
  • Options
    luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_married-ladies-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b4669413-1911-41eb-8346-22d8d11b19fbPost:0411779f-1050-40c6-af90-18252f3ace2f">Re: S/O **Married Ladies**</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a few people who gave us nothing...including one member of the bridal party whose dress I paid for because she was supposedly strapped for cash.  She also gave me nothing at the bridal shower, except, I guess, her presence.  Whatevs ;) \
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]

Can I change my answer to this?  One of DH's friends RSVP for a girlfriend that wasn't invited, then brought a different girlfriend to the reception.  Somehow we ended up paying for his dinner, original date's dinner, and new date's dinner.  He didn't even give us a card...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a shower gift from my DH's elderly aunt, she gave us one of those mini key chain Tinkerbell digital cameras (her thinking was you dont want to use your good one on your HM and it get STOLEN!), and a blank scrapbook (to put the pictures in after the honeymoon)... The "overall idea" was cute camera/scrapbook....BUT the mini digital tinkerbell camera (I think it holds 10 pics, i took 3000 in Hawaii, ha).... and a random maroon scrapbook. Not a wedding/honeymoon theme, just red.

Needless to say we DID not use it on the honeymoon and I believe it may be given to my DH's niece real soon! She will love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards