Nebraska

Vendor Reviews from 6/5/10

I found these helpful while planning, so here you go.

Reception: Tiburon Golf Club - A
We worked mainly with Becky, but Megan was there the actual night of the wedding. Both were very helpful. The food was great - we got so many compliments on the good food and buffet set-up. The staff was professional and polite. They even let us use a couple golf carts to go out and get pictures on the golf course.

Photographer: Sara Rogers - A++++++
We haven't seen all of our pictures yet, but I saw some she showed me on her camera during the day and we loved her work. Sara was by far my favorite person to work with. She was prompt in answering emails and just wonderful all around. I was so glad to have her and her assistant, Dan, there that day. She was professional and kept our large family in line for formal pictures and we got done with them early! We had an engagement session with her as well, which was fun. She is very affordable and gives rights to photos. She completely understood the family dynamics and knew what we wanted before we could say it. She was completely unobtrusive.

Flowers: Mulhall's - B
The flowers were gorgeous and lasted very well. They arrived right on time at the church and our reception ceterpieces (which Frank designed) got rave reviews from guests. The only reason I wouldn't give them an A is that Frank is hard to get ahold of sometimes, mostly because they are busy with so many weddings.

Cake: The Cake Gallery - A
The cake was great. We ordered quite a bit, and they told us it would be too much for the number of people we had, but we wanted bigger slices so we had plenty. There wasn't very much left over, either. We had a big white cake and a carrot cake grooms cake. We got a great discount at a bridal show, which basically made our groom's cake free.

DJ: Mark at Bandstand Music - A
Mark was great. He was attentive to us all night and kept asking if we were doing ok or needed anything. He even carried my meal for me and got us drinks. I think he played most of the music we requested (we had a very long list). People were dancing until the very last song, and we had everyone from age 2 to 88. He was not a cheesy DJ at all, which we liked.

Tuxes: Men's Wearhouse - B
My husband dealt with the tuxes, but as far as I know they did a good job. He only complained of the uncomfortable shoes. The groom's dad ended up with the same vest color as the groomsmen when he was supposed to have a different one, but it wasn't a big deal. The guys all looked great.

My dress: Bridal Traditions - B-
I liked that they let me come in and browse the racks to find my own dresses, unlike David's Bridal. I found lots of dresses I wanted to try on, but I only tried on 2 because I liked the first one best. It came in a month earlier than they told me, and the ladies were helpful for the most part, but I didn't go with them for alterations because they quoted me $200 just for shortening the train, and the lady told me I was crazy for wanting it shortened. I also think they ordered it too short, and they just told me to get shorter shoes.

My alterations: Linda Lee - A+++
Linda was great. I had to have several fittings with losing weight, but she didn't mind. She was so helpful and my dress fit perfectly. She charged me less than the shop quoted me for just the train work. I had it taken in twice, then let out on top, the train shortened, and cups put in.

Bridesmaid dresses: J'Maries by Alfred Angelo in Papillion - C
I really liked working with the girls here, but make sure that you request the dresses come in early. If my mom wouldn't have paid to overnight them, they wouldn't have come in in time for the girls to get alterations. They would have only been in a week and a half before the wedding, and their alterations lady is only there once a week from 10am-2pm. Even with rushing them, they still only came in 2 weeks before the wedding.

Invitations: ordered online from MyGatsby.com - A
They had great customer service and everything arrived promptly and in good condition. I ended up ordering cardstock to make our programs too.

Hope someone finds this helpful!

Re: Vendor Reviews from 6/5/10

• edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had pretty good experiences with your vendors! Thanks for sharing!
    July 2010 Siggy Challenge - Favorite pic of fiance and I Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards