May 2013 Weddings

Engagement Party - DIY Favors?

Hi ladies, we are doing our engagement party Feb 4th. We are just doing a casual cocktail party and incorporating our wedding colors and logo. I feel like we should send people home with favors, but I'm not sure what. I was considering chocolates, since it's close to vday or making some fudge and boxing it up. Any ideas/suggestions? Skip the favors?

Re: Engagement Party - DIY Favors?

• You don't need to have favors for an engagement party.  

• Yeah, I'd skip the favors.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just have to ask ... are you throwing your own engagement party?
    Craig and Alix 2013 Fallingwater Wedding
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend ... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_engagement-party-diy-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:f9e2d744-d6e6-428f-9ea0-0adb65784053Post:e5f21dd1-c689-4a2f-80db-59222d7eb5c0">Re: Engagement Party - DIY Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just have to ask ... are you throwing your own engagement party?
    Posted by keystoneXOXO[/QUOTE]

<div>Was wondering this also!</div>

• i live at the beach so the engagement party favors was salt water taffy. it was really cute in a mini brown bag with a sand castle on it and threaded closed with ribbon. you definitly do not need favors though. if you decide to though i'd go with food. i'm not a fan of "knick knack" favor anyways.. i dont like just random stuff in the house and most people junk it anyways. just my opinion.
  • Yes, we've decided to plan and throw our engagement party. My parents offered, but they are helping so much with the wedding, we told them we'd do it. My sis-in-law and bro are pitching in to help with it. I know traditionally the parents do it, but we're doing it a little different. I definitely won't be involved in the planning of my bridal/bachelorette activities though :)
  • @marisa I am not a fan of those either. Something edible is definitely a good idea. Thanks for the input!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_engagement-party-diy-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:f9e2d744-d6e6-428f-9ea0-0adb65784053Post:164bd759-a89f-466b-a549-4fb5b0be5fa8">Re: Engagement Party - DIY Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, we've decided to plan and throw our engagement party. My parents offered, but they are helping so much with the wedding, we told them we'd do it. My sis-in-law and bro are pitching in to help with it. I know traditionally the parents do it, but we're doing it a little different. I definitely won't be involved in the planning of my bridal/bachelorette activities though :)
    Posted by Mirandabrock[/QUOTE]

<div>We had our own engagement party too. Everyone had so much fun.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_engagement-party-diy-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:f9e2d744-d6e6-428f-9ea0-0adb65784053Post:164bd759-a89f-466b-a549-4fb5b0be5fa8">Re: Engagement Party - DIY Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, we've decided to plan and throw our engagement party. My parents offered, but they are helping so much with the wedding, we told them we'd do it. My sis-in-law and bro are pitching in to help with it. I know traditionally the parents do it, but we're doing it a little different. I definitely won't be involved in the planning of my bridal/bachelorette activities though :)
    Posted by Mirandabrock[/QUOTE]

Just going to throw it out there . Etiquette-wise, throwing any of your own pre wedding parties is a big no no, and could be viewed by your guests as tacky. You make the choice as you will, but I'm letting you know now. It's not that "the parents" traditionally do it, it is that the party is suppose to be in your honor and it's against etiquette to throw a party in your (own) honor.
    Craig and Alix 2013 Fallingwater Wedding
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend ... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_engagement-party-diy-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:f9e2d744-d6e6-428f-9ea0-0adb65784053Post:1ac726a5-d91b-45fd-86ff-b3997037e5cc">Re: Engagement Party - DIY Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement Party - DIY Favors? : Just going to throw it out there . Etiquette-wise, throwing any of your own pre wedding parties is a big no no, and could be viewed by your guests as tacky. You make the choice as you will, but I'm letting you know now. It's not that "the parents" traditionally do it, it is that the party is suppose to be in your honor and it's against etiquette to throw a party in your (own) honor.
    Posted by keystoneXOXO[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto all of this. </div>

• Thanks, honey. I appreciate that and am aware.
  • You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards