November 2012 Weddings

Tasting in June, Is it too late?

My wedding is Nov. 9th and tasting is June 6. When can I start working on my invites cus I need the menu to be included. I have three selections that my guest needs to pick from

Re: Tasting in June, Is it too late?

• Won't the meal choices be on a separate card? You can always make up the rest and leave that. That's what we are doing.

I don't think it's too late.
  • We are having a buffet but we are not even thinking about a food tasting yet, but i agree with the above post you put it in a seperate card
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    We already ordered our invitations from Wedding Paper Divas (without the response cards).  It took just over 2 weeks between the time we placed the order and the day we received them.  

Our tasting is in June as well.  As soon as we have our menu chosen, we're going to order the response cards.  Since we're planning on sending them out around September 2nd, we'll have plenty of time.  You should, too.  Don't worry.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    Not too late at all, I agree with above. They say you don't really have to send the invitations til 6-8 weeks before (I know the first time I heard that I was like what?? Isn't that too late). And if you are ordering them online they should not take too long to come back to you. If you have everything typed in and the wording decided on, and only need to add the choices, you can do that right away in June and still receive them in the mail by July. Plenty of time.

If you are worried about not getting everything done in time, try a more general menu listing on the response card. My friend who got married last May ordered her invitiations prior to selecting her menu, but she knew she would definitely be choosing one beef option, one chicken, and one fish. So on the cards she simply put "beef chicken or fish"

I know it is better to list the actual menu options, but anyone close to you who cares that much can always ask you after you choose your menu "What kind of chicken is it?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • our wedding is november 3. i think our tasting will be in july. you should be fine.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Thanks ladies. I'm just going to get the actual invites done and wait on the rsvp til after the tasting.
  • Our wedding is Nov 3rd and we asked to do the tasting before we booked the venue. reason being, if we didn't like the food then why would we have our wedding there?? so the day we did our tasting we booked the venue. we are having a sit down and our final menu arrangements ( and tasting if necessary) will be early september. so, i think July would be ok. I only got engaged in Oct and tried to get most of my things to do out of the way this way, hopefully, I can be less stressed ( yeah right, lol) the two months before the wedding. We were told by our baker to do the cake tasting in jan feb b/c that is their slow months and i just called last week and they were booked for two weeks. our cake might have a lot of detail so the baker wanted to know a head of time. i'm one for doing things early. it can never hurt. 

btw, we're looking to send out our first set of invitations in the end of august and a second set in early september. (doing this for financial reasons). this way i can try to get a head count early enough. 

good luck. 

• I think that is fine. You won;t need to send invitations until September anyway.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards