Washington-Seattle

Friday Rant & Rave

And............ GO :)
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Friday Rant & Rave

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  There is this guy on FB who I went to HS with who has NO regard for his 2-yr old daughter and is posting really negative stuff as his status about his wife of 1-yr and how he wants to leave his family, how poor he is, how unhappy he is, and how much he wants to spend all his money on guns and tattoos (nevermind that he can't afford to feed his family).  I want to smack him upside the head and tell him THAT'S why he should never have dropped out of HS and he should have worn a condom in the first place!  I would defriend him or hide him, but the drama on his wall from all his WT friends is my guilty pleasure Embarassed

Rave:  The Seahawks game last night was AMAZING.  They really know how to perform when they are nationally televised.  I hope they repeat it for their next game!

Rave #2:  I'm going to watch Breaking Dawn at Cinebarre this weekend with a group of friends..... drinking + watching teen angst vampire movies = <3
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @MGoss - it's crap like that (disregard for children) that just drives me nuts.  I unfriended my now Ex-BIL because of the damage he was doing to my Neice and then I'm reading all this lovey-dovey crap about his new love and her kid.  He didn't have the guilty pleasure factor to keep him around, but sometimes trainwrecks are really worth it aren't they?

Rant:  I'm so glad I only have 1 class left with thie A-Hole of a teacher.  He completely insults me as a student and my education.  I spent an hour in traffic yesterday to go to class for 13 effing minutes for a"review" for the final.  The "review" was him telling us the breakdown of the structure of the final and what chapters (all we've read this quarter) that will be on the final exam.  Basically, he could have handed this crap out on Tuesday and we could have skipped this class altogether.  He's been pulling this kind of BS all quarter.  I tore him to shreds in my teacher eval but I'm mad I already finished it because MAN I would have had more to say.  This entire week of classes has been a waste - presentations that weren't graded (you got the points just for going up in front of the class and talking) and now this BS.  Just thinking about the class and this teacher gets my blood boiling.

Rave:  Last weekend I did a whole shedload of organizing and cleaning.  The house still looks pretty darned good!  FI was OK with putting out living room TV and entertainment center out in the garage and now we have a place for more pictures.  I put the shelf together myself (and had more fun doing it than I think I should have) and it looks great!  I'm so happy when I walk in the door now and see it. 

Rave 2: FBIL is going to get started on our STDs and I'm so excited! 

Rave 3: I keep getting permission to call FI's extended family Aunt and Uncle and it really makes me all warm and gooey inside! :)

Rant2:  The minor car accident Monday jostled me more than I thought and I had to go to urgent care.  I was afraid anything they gave wouldn't work but luckily it has for the most part.  I still hurt but not AS bad.

Rave 4:  My very introverted coworker said yes to coming oevr when we decorate.  I'm so happy she's coming out of her shell!

Rave 5: I found the candles I love love love online and darn it I'm ordering those bitches!!

(sorry that got long....I write a lot....sorry guys :( )
  • edited December 2011
    So I know it's now saturday, but I need to rant!!

So we're about a week out from sending our STD's and I have been asking my FI for the last two MONTHS to get some of the addresses for his side. we have (had) NONE. well, okay, we had like three, but I got them all, and they were his family that lives here in town. Worst part is, about 75% of the guest list is his family. I don't know if anyone else knows of anyone like this, but in my FI's family, even if they're say, second cousins twice removed, they're still family, and chances are good they spent some time EVERY YEAR together. SO. they obviously have to be invited, yes? apparently. But it is driving me NUTS that there are probably another almost 20 people we don't have addresses for, and I have just spent the last THREE HOURS on FB trying to find these people, or their kids or parents or whatEVER to get their addresses. WHAT. THE HE**?! Where is my FI and WHY isn't he helping?! this is HIS family, and it is so frustrating to find people on HIS friends list who are on our guest list that he could have contacted at ANY time and asked for their address. I think it's kinda weird to get random messages from people I don't know asking for my address, and even though i always tell them who I am before I ask for their address, it still feels weird. and it would probably have taken him about 2 minutes to write a message to all these people and ask them for their info, but no, I get to spend three or more hours hunting them down and then asking for their info. Wow. I have to say, though, if this is as bad as my wedding stress gets, I'd consider myself lucky :) I won't hold my breath, though! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_friday-rant-rave-87?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:5ef8ab05-1f83-4522-bd8f-688adb031baePost:b16d6512-d505-455d-a0d9-6b20ba27f441">Re: Friday Rant & Rave</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I know it's now saturday, but I need to rant!! So we're about a week out from sending our STD's and I have been asking my FI for the last two MONTHS to get some of the addresses for his side. we have (had) NONE. well, okay, we had like three, but I got them all, and they were his family that lives here in town. Worst part is, about 75% of the guest list is his family. I don't know if anyone else knows of anyone like this, but in my FI's family, even if they're say, second cousins twice removed, they're still family, and chances are good they spent some time EVERY YEAR together. SO. they obviously have to be invited, yes? apparently. But it is driving me NUTS that there are probably another almost 20 people we don't have addresses for, and I have just spent the last THREE HOURS on FB trying to find these people, or their kids or parents or whatEVER to get their addresses. WHAT. THE HE**?! Where is my FI and WHY isn't he helping?! this is HIS family, and it is so frustrating to find people on HIS friends list who are on our guest list that he could have contacted at ANY time and asked for their address. I think it's kinda weird to get random messages from people I don't know asking for my address, and even though i always tell them who I am before I ask for their address, it still feels weird. and it would probably have taken him about 2 minutes to write a message to all these people and ask them for their info, but no, I get to spend three or more hours hunting them down and then asking for their info. Wow. I have to say, though, if this is as bad as my wedding stress gets, I'd consider myself lucky :) I won't hold my breath, though! :)
    Posted by casey_romaine[/QUOTE]

I know EXACTLY what you're going through - because I"m in the same boat.  I've slowly been getting addresses for FI's side because there was a recent wedding in his family and luckily I met one of his Aunt's who is super nice and very helpful.  And LUCKILY I have some of his second cousins blah-de-blah on MY Facebook because of family get togethers.  HOWEVER...all those 'community' members he's insisting come because he grew up with them in the neighborhood (who is he, Mister Freakin Rogers?) nope, no idea.  And do you think he's sent one email to his mother to ask?  Nope. 

If I were you, I would tell him that unless he puts the effort in of getting the addresses they're not on the invite list.  That's what I'm on the brink of doing.  Maybe that'll light a fire under his butt!
  • edited December 2011
    lol we actually went through the whole guest list today and are now down to 17 more adresses out of 270 that we need, and about 11 of those are my guests :) so things are working out okay. I got THE address book that his brother and SIL used for their wedding last year and also their knot log in info and went through all the names, imported addresses and made the FI sit through me reading off names and us deciding if they're invited or not. ALMOST DONE!! I'm so relieved. Unfortunately, our guest list is at 270 and our venue only holds 250, but whatever. I KNOW at least 39 of those will be gone and unable to come or live on the east coast and just won't come or can't afford to come. So I'm not worried. I know it's extremely rude to over invite in case we have to turn people away, but I also know that if push comes to shove, we can always set up more tables on the rooftop bar/patio and it will work out fine. We just want to have a fun party and feel the more, the merrier, so why not?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're inviting 170 and we're hoping like 150 coming, though right now our contract states 120 (we can of course always add.)  I will put money on 12 people not showing up so I'm not worried either.  He's got a shedload of people he wants to invite and of course after the Nov 12th wedding he found out people we had as only 1, yep, they're in serious relationships and are 2s.  Oi!

So glad it worked out and you're now down to only 17!  Good luck with the rest!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards