Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Luncheon?

My aunt is hosting my bridal luncheon the same day as my bachelorette party, so out of towners only have one trip to make. My questions are:

1. Who all gets invited? I know that the moms and bridesmaids do. What about flower girls? Readers for the ceremony? Anybody else?

2. What time should it start? My bridesmaids are being pretty secretive about the bachelorette party, so I don't know what time that is starting. Should the luncheon be late morning, such as 11:00 or later afternoon, around 2:00?

3. Is the luncheon an acceptable place to give the bridesmaids and flower girls their gifts? I'm having their jewelry handmade, so I was thinking of giving it to them early (the luncheon is two weeks before the wedding) in case it doesn't fit, I can have it altered before the wedding.

4. If readers/other involved parties are invited am I to get them gifts as well?

Any information I can get my hands on is much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Re: Bridal Luncheon?

• Options
    1.  Talk with your aunt how many people above X (number of moms, bridesmaids, sisters, etc. that should be invited) she feels comfortable hosting.  If FGs are invited they should, IMO, be invited with a parent.  Inviting readers and other (women) with roles in your ceremony makes sense if they are family and friends.

2.  I'd match the time to what the menu is - a full lunch spread I'd put at noon or one, a lighter fare menu gives you more flexibility.  If you want the two events to flow together, mention to your aunt that you don't know about the bach party plans and suggest she ask one of your attendants.

3.  Is this jewelry to wear in the wedding?  Jewelry to wear in the wedding shouldn't be considered a gift to the bridesmaid, since it's part of the her outfit for the day.  You can give it to them that day and check the fit but I'd include a little something personal and suited to each lady individually as their thank you gift.

4.  We gave our readers, soloists, parents and grandparents gifts - anyone who did something for us in the ceremony but who wasn't a paid vendor.  We gave all our gifts at the rehearsal dinner.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards