Wisconsin
Options

Photographers

Hi,
Can you ladies send me your recommendations? We are looking for someone thats reasonable and gives you images on cd with your rights at the end.

TIA

Re: Photographers

• Options
    hdheinzhdheinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Kayla Richards.  Reasonable prices, great work and you can pay a bit more to buy the rights to your photos.
  • Options
    SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    molisarmolisar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend Ideal Impressions Photography.  Their rates start at $1500.  We used them for our wedding and it was by far the best vendor decision we made.  Our pictures are gorgeous.
    My Furbaby Baxter Photobucket
  • Options
    WorIdTravlrWorIdTravlr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

These boards do have a history of vendors posing as brides recommending their own services. Play it safe by looking at the recommended vendors in the vendor section of the knot. Never rely on the taste of others to choose vendors that are for your day. Keep your day about you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jen, who owns Magdalene Photography!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_photographers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:2eccd557-ef33-4c43-8c2c-df3e98f3e029Post:d2981697-ad05-4124-a23f-8cc7fa924bc3">Re: Photographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]These boards do have a history of vendors posing as brides recommending their own services. Play it safe by looking at the recommended vendors in the vendor section of the knot. Never rely on the taste of others to choose vendors that are for your day. Keep your day about you!
    Posted by WorIdTravlr[/QUOTE]

Since WorldTrvlr copy-pasta'd, so will I:

Because the vendors recommended by the knot would never, ever promote themselves, amirite?  Because based on the photog board, I can name at least one very good example of one of those companies promo-ing themselves repeatedly.

Honestly, OP, I wouldn't go by what TK says.  (TK itself, not the users.)  There are other sites, like weddingwire, that include a variety of vendors with actual reviews - because I don't care what WorldTravlr says, just because the day is all about you and your FI, doesn't mean you can't look at other people's experiences and see if that helps you make your decision.  I would have loved to hear about peoples personal  experiences with the photographers I was looking at (with their pics included).  I may have made a different decision if that were the case.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jackie5387jackie5387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Gretchen with Faith Photography. The link to her website is in my bio. On the website it states her package is 2600 (which includes everything - 10hrs of coverage, disc with copyright, engagement session, money towards album...) but we were able to bring the price down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We using Nicholas Nobert.  If you google him you will see his blog.  He matched the personality and photo style we were looking for.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most photographers SHOULD be able to provide a reference list as well.  I am a photographer(also a bride) out of Janesvile, but speaking from personal experience obviously, I have a reference list of past happy customers so I would assume most others would be able to provide one as well.  It's one thing to take great photos but some photogs can be very talented but lacking on the people skills.  A good refence or two or three should be able to clear that up for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is not me posting these! I don't know how or why this person is doing this. On another board their username is WorldTravlr and on this one it's identical to mine! This person has also used my name, my fiance's name and our wedding date. But as you can see this person just joined on 2/27/10, I've been a member for much longer than that.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_photographers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:2eccd557-ef33-4c43-8c2c-df3e98f3e029Post:d2981697-ad05-4124-a23f-8cc7fa924bc3">Re: Photographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]These boards do have a history of vendors posing as brides recommending their own services. Play it safe by looking at the recommended vendors in the vendor section of the knot. Never rely on the taste of others to choose vendors that are for your day. Keep your day about you!
    Posted by WorIdTravlr[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cara Zimmerman - www.carazimages.com. She did our wedding and is awesome.  She also fits your criteria and can provide references.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    8/9/088/9/08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would listen to the recommendations of the people on the boards.  What I found out from The Knot is that the list of are vendor's all PAY to be on that list...  Hence the creeper poser pretending to be a bride.

As for a recommendation - I recommend you DON'T use the photographer we did for our wedding.  Every  member of the wedding party, and every guest at our wedding will tell you the same thing...  Horrible experience.  If you want lovely pictures, the pictures you were promised, heck even if you just want a QUALIFIED photographer...  based on our experience, you will get NONE of that.

Best of luck in your planning!!
  • Options
    8/9/088/9/08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and since my bio appears to be gone - we used Funtup Productions.  Our experience was awful.  I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't use Edward Fox. I'm pretty convinced at this point that the sales rep lied to me about a photo disc being included in the package I bought. My fault for falling for it, but she still shouldn't be lying to customers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm also using Nicholas Norbert Photography. He's new to the industry but I love his style and his price were great. I really love our engagement pictures so I'm very excited to see our wedding pictures.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards