Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Favors

I am terrbile at decidingon favors for my guest! I've gone through every possiblitiy imaginable but I've got a small budget....need help please!

Re: Favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have the same problem there are so many cool things you can do with favors! I thought about doing cupcakes with our initials but I to am on a tight budget so that was a no. I am now thinking of getting small mason jars that fit a cup or two of candy then putting candy in our wedding colors in them and put fabric for the lid and tie shut with a ribbon. This way guest could enjoy a nice treat and have a jar for later use!
    JAMIE LYNN ** 6-4-11
  • Options
    krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Treats are defeinitely a good low budget option. You can get boxes online at 

uline.com

for super super cheap.

When is your wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to the scrapbooking store and they had this little envelope with a card sticking out of it so we made the envelope in one color and the card in another, and on the card is stamped "Our Wish Came True, Here's One For You"  and we're attaching a shiny 2010 penny to the bottom of it.

Its cheesy but I thought it was super adorable and pretty much evened out to be around $1 per one we made which was nice on my budget :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Donate to a cause or charity you believe in and leave cards at each place letting them know that you thank them for coming and a donation was made in their name to xxxx charity.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If your budget is tight, skip 'em!  Honestly, favors (similar to post-ceremony things like bubbles, etc) are something that none of your guests will notice if they aren't there... let alone will anyone remember.

But if you really want to do something, make it edible.  People don't care about cutesy bells or knick-nacks or poems.

To keep ours affordable, I found these cute little boxes on clearance.  Then I added decorative paper, ribbon, etc.  Cheap, easy, and filled with chocolate.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • Options
    EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're skipping favors.  I can't remember a single favor I've ever gotten at a wedding.  You're already presumably providing cake, food, drinks, entertainment - do they really need a box of jordan almonds or custom colored M&Ms to make the day complete? We're taking what we would have spent and donating to charity - much better use fo the $$$!
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • Options
    bassclrnt2004bassclrnt2004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas! I will have to talk some of these ideas over with my Fi and my parents...Thanks again everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards