July 2013 Weddings
Options

First photographer meeting

Tomorrow (Monday) night FI and I are meeting a potential photographer, and I am so excited! This will be the first photographer we meet with. I have contacted a few others, but was not happy with their rates... $2,200 for 4 hours of photography and a few proofs - c'mon, really?! 

Any suggestions as to questions to ask the photographer? Anything weird in the contract that I should look out for? If we really like this guy and feel that it's a good fit, we may want to sign a contract this week. Photography is one of the most important/big ticket/priority items for FI and me, so I am anxious to get our photographer locked down soon!

Also, if you feel like sharing, I would like to hear about your photographer... how much are you paying and what do you get for it? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First photographer meeting

• Options
    We haven't booked yet, but I've got someone in mind.  They don't have a specific package that I'm really interested in, so I'm hoping we can work something custom out.  All of their packages include an engagement session.

Their base is 5 hrs for $1000, not including prints.

Their package with printing rights is $3000 and includes 8 hrs and ONE 16x20.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Look to see weather you get printing rights, and the right to digital copies. Having to get all my prints though them would be a deal breaker for me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_first-photographer-meeting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:cf7595ea-c579-48d9-842f-a664fa1c3418Post:0ee02bf6-b541-4769-8833-17da0cd6b362">Re: First photographer meeting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look to see weather you get printing rights, and the right to digital copies. Having to get all my prints though them would be a deal breaker for me.
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

IAWTC.  I know that professional-quality prints are better, and I wouldn't even mind it if I had to buy at least one of each print that I wanted rights to, but I also want to do things like order from VP for STDs & TYs and use groupons for photobooks.  Not giving me rights isn't going to get me to buy their outrageously priced books - its going to mean I won't have books but I'll be pissed off about it.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! A disc with images and printing rights is included in the packages we're looking at, as well as an album. The a la carte prices for prints and albums is also pretty reasonable, so I'm not too worried about it... either way we will be able to get whatever prints we want and not break the bank.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards