January 2013 Weddings
Options

Starting to Organize

This weekend I got all of the wedding stuff we'd been storing at my mom's. I decided that today would be a great day to sort it all out and repack it. That was probably not a fantastic idea, but oh well it is started now. And now my tiny living room looks like a wedding and a Christmas store exploded in it. I don't know how I'm going to get it all packed up today!

On the plus side, we finally printed out our table numbers. We did a trial run on some scratch paper we had. When I started labeling boxes today I felt like a genius when I used my trial table numbers to number the boxes. Oh the little things! Smile

Re: Starting to Organize

• Options
    Success!

I actually had a brilliant idea to fix an issue I've been having yesterday! Now just to execute it. Which is actually going to be 95% of my problems for the next three weeks.

Oiy. hahaha. Oh well. Hoping next week to have the majority of things done. :)
  • Options
    I LOVEEEEE having FI drag all our wedding stuff upstairs, I unpack it in the living room, admire it all, pack it back up and have him haul it back down :)

I'm such a brat!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_starting-to-organize?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:80f597e0-4533-4eac-8b52-18c74eb2e495Post:c074bffe-2211-49b5-9dd7-9e3cde80639f">Re: Starting to Organize</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVEEEEE having FI drag all our wedding stuff upstairs, I unpack it in the living room, admire it all, pack it back up and have him haul it back down :) I'm such a brat!
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]

bahaha!

I'll tell ya, I will be glad to have a place of my own. FMIL has all but kicked FI and me out of the house stuff-wise with the exception that she's demanding that he spend his last single night in her house. I half want to get him a hotel room for the night just to piss her off.

I'm sooooooo tired of lugging wedding stuff between three houses. Mine, FI's and my grandmother's.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_starting-to-organize?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:80f597e0-4533-4eac-8b52-18c74eb2e495Post:3d29a755-c9cb-4006-83ae-c5925e9a5a87">Re: Starting to Organize</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting to Organize : bahaha! I'll tell ya, I will be glad to have a place of my own. FMIL has all but kicked FI and me out of the house stuff-wise with the exception that she's demanding that he spend his last single night in her house. I half want to get him a hotel room for the night just to piss her off. I'm sooooooo tired of lugging wedding stuff between three houses. Mine, FI's and my grandmother's.
    Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG I couldn't do that - having everything at 3 houses, I'd be bound to forget or lose something!</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't understand mothers that want the kids at their house for their "last night" lucky for me FI's parents have to travel to us for the wedding so that's not really an option.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_starting-to-organize?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:80f597e0-4533-4eac-8b52-18c74eb2e495Post:2d40d4b4-e391-4dd2-9ad1-e1c8f36c1e59">Re: Starting to Organize</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Starting to Organize : OMG I couldn't do that - having everything at 3 houses, I'd be bound to forget or lose something! I don't understand mothers that want the kids at their house for their "last night" lucky for me FI's parents have to travel to us for the wedding so that's not really an option.
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]

She's empty nesting and doesn't realize it. FFIL was a military man for 15 years. And even in his current job, he travels a lot for extended periods of time, so FMIL has taken to relying on FI quite a bit since he's the only one who cares about anyone other than themselves. So now that he's leaving, she's had at least three different breakdowns over not wanting FI to leave. She's told me that she doesn't want me to take him away from her and regularly tries to put herself between me and FI whether it be physically or mentally. The other day she kept insisting that I hate flowers so that FI would send her flowers instead of sending them to me. She's losing her one ally and her biggest help in the house and it terrifies her. So she's doing anything in her power to get him to stay. including telling us we could live in her basement.
  • Options
    heroes, that's tough for everyone.  Sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Omg Heroes- my FMIL was like that too for awhile.  She JUST recently came to the conclusion that this is really happening and he isn't there anymore.  He still goes over every day though to clean her house, etc.  she only lives like 5 mins from us..lol.
    She lives there alone though- with her dogs...but we are there more than I'd like to be...
    It's def tough...
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards