Getting in Shape

How did you prep for your wedding?

so I thought I would start the 6 month program that theknot.com suggests.... I am done the first week. any words of encouragement helpful tips or suggestions!? Everything welcome!
Anniversary

Re: How did you prep for your wedding?

• What type of prep are you talking about?  Losing weight and toning?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish I would have started upping my fitness routine at the 6 month mark.  I've always been the type of person that works out consistently but after FI and I met and moved in together, I started taking in a lot more calories than I was burning off.  I would like to lose 10-15 lbs before my July wedding.

I have been exercising 5 - 6 days a week.  I typically do 45-60 min of cardio either running or the elliptical.  I also do 30 Day Shred a couple times a week.

I try to stay around 1200-1500 calories a day and eat as clean as possible.  I have been using My Fitness Pal to track all of this.

In the weeks leading up to the wedding I will definitley continue to do cardio, up my water intake, cut sodium, soda and anything else that could cause bloating.

Good luck to you!  You are very smart for starting your fitness routine early!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • I have been with Weight Watchers for a few months with a goal of losing 30 pounds by June 1.  I have 3 more pounds to go and I gone from sizes 14/16 to a 10!  I also try to work out about 3-4 times a week at Jazzercise or a Zumba class.  If you like to dance, try these!  I find that I can't stay motivated with just running on a treadmill.

Also with WW, the accountability of having to step on a scale every week serves as motivation.  Most helpful is having a friend do it with me.  Weight Watchers or otherwise...definitely convince a friend to join you so that you will hold each other accountable and motivate each other!
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
  • Starting three months before my wedding (which is June 5th!!!) I started a wedding bootcamp at a private studio in my city. It helped tone, but I didn't lose weight from it. I think I was building a lot of muscle though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards