September 2012 Weddings
Options

Show me your...

Hair accessories!!!!

I have now solved locating a comb long enough to attach the veil too, however now I am stuck on what to make my hair comb look like! I know I want red roses, debating including something black like rhinestones or feathers.... just not sure hahaha

So show me yours, or any ideas you might have :)

Re: Show me your...

• Options
    This is my hair accessory (but without the beige)... I think it would look lovely :)

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm currently on the search for mine! I'm wearing a veil for the ceremony but want a fascinator for the reception. Originally I wanted a red flower with black feathers but I can't find anything I really like. I'm now looking for a white flower with black feathers and maybe some red jewels in the middle of the flower. I just can't find anything I really like.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I haven't even thought of one!  I'm not really sure what would look good with a low curled side pony-tail.  Where did you all look for yours?
  • Options
    This is my head band.  Included a pic of my dress detail too!  I'm wearing an elbow length veil thru the cermony and some pictures and then leaving the headband on.

• Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I think I am going to do small ivory flowers with rhinestone centers. Right now I like these the best:

The same artist makes these gorgeous flowered crowns I'd love to wear but I think they might be a bit much.

I'm meeting with my hair dresser in early May and make the final decision then. I am waiting to order my jewelry until after then as well.

lbarr - I have mainly jkust been looking on Etsy. It can get a bit overwhelming though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e00e7e6f-c4ab-4feb-a248-83917e6bf60cPost:34686e0b-2c01-4005-860e-dbe470f8a24a">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't even thought of one!  I'm not really sure what would look good with a low curled side pony-tail.  Where did you all look for yours?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Found mine on Etsy!
  • Options
    How did people get married before Etsy and Pinterest?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm wearing a veil for the ceremony:

And then after, I'm wearing a flower clip that matches the ribbon sash I'll be wearing on my dress (hair clip on the left, sash on the right):

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e00e7e6f-c4ab-4feb-a248-83917e6bf60cPost:d74e6649-5495-47d9-8f92-0b333e6b6ce1">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did people get married before Etsy and Pinterest?!
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]
    Or worse... before the Internet?!?!
  • Options
    Oh boy.  I'm hoping when I start looking I can find something cheap!  I really have no idea or how the placement would even work.
  • Options
    I'm having the lady that's making my sash flower (yes! I bit the bullet!) make the same hair flowers. Here's the flowers:

And here's the sash. It will be just the flowers so I can attach it to the existing sash on my dress:

And of course these are on etsy. =P
  • Options
    Celtic - those flowers are just beautiful! I love them!

My hair will mostly look like this:

So I have a good idea of how the clip will look ;)
    One bonus to having short hair I guess...
  • Options
    Since we are on the subject... (my apologies for semi-thread jacking;) )

What do you think would work with this?

The pulled back hair would be less messy and have more of a "poof" of volume.  The pontytail will be held by an elastic and hair wrapped around it.  Also, I don't have bangs so I'd have a few loose pieces around my face to soften it.
  • Options

Hmmmm, this one is really pretty and might work, thoughts?

• Options
    I really like that!  Is this a seller on Etsy?  I'd have to change the color to white or yellow gold to go along with my colors...  is that even possible to do that on Etsy or do they have set design/color?
  • Options
    Left picture is what the fasinator will be and right picture is close to what the veil will look like.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e00e7e6f-c4ab-4feb-a248-83917e6bf60cPost:663067eb-5c74-473c-8c7a-74f2e066f645">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like that!  Is this a seller on Etsy?  I'd have to change the color to white or yellow gold to go along with my colors...  is that even possible to do that on Etsy or do they have set design/color?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>I think a few people here have gotten things custom made from Etsy sellers. I'm really considering going this route.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e00e7e6f-c4ab-4feb-a248-83917e6bf60cPost:c0946720-0973-4c8f-8c89-40c05b0976b0">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your... : I think a few people here have gotten things custom made from Etsy sellers. I'm really considering going this route.
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, you can usually just ask the person making it. Sometimes it's just a matter of getting a different colored material. The hair flowers of mine actually don't match the sash flowers, but because I'm buying them together she's making them the same color.</div>
  • Options
    I paid around $80 on Etsy to have the custom hair piece and sash made.  I considered it a bargain, since I sent in a color swatch from a paint store that exactly matched my shoes so the colors would be the same!

Anniversary

• Options
    Ugh.  This is another one of my current hang ups.  I want to do something fancy to the side of my head and have my veil on a hidden comb, but I'm just not seeing anything I love.

bridalmomma - I'm loving that look!

Britt - the comb is cute, but I'm not in love with it.  I think you could probably find better.  I do think it'll look better on your dark hair than the blonde in the pic, though.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited March 2012

$25 from Etsy! It looks better/more sparkly in person!

I'll wear it at the back of my head and for the ceremony I'll place the veil right below so it looks like one piece. Here's a hairstyle I had in mind- maybe a bit more tightened up/less poof.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm liking this one:

but haven't gone for it yet, mainly because I haven't sorted out the hair thing just yet. I maaaay be switching up my hairdresser. My stomach hurts thinking about it too much, because I really like the guy but the last couple cuts, we haven't been on the same page (I have fine, moderately thin, weakly wavy hair with several prominent cowlicks-->trouble).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Grr I keep looking at things and its SOO hard to find something lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e00e7e6f-c4ab-4feb-a248-83917e6bf60cPost:d74e6649-5495-47d9-8f92-0b333e6b6ce1">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did people get married before Etsy and Pinterest?!
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

I have no idea! 
  • Options
    Well, for those of you who don't go on facebook to follow my frustration lol
    I found one I fell in love with but was questioning whether I would be spending too much on it....

I am now leaning towards going for it :P
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/67236360/vintage-headpiece-black-and-red-feather?ref=pr_faveitems
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards