Oregon
Options

Need interesting favor ideas...

What is everyone giving away as wedding favors? I'm looking for some new ideas...something other than hershey kisses.

Re: Need interesting favor ideas...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister is making little jars of jam for me. She does it all the time, so I'm not worried about them being improperly made/unsafe for consumption. I've also seen tiny jars of honey at a wedding I went to.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found sets of two table coasters to give to guests, I'm deciding between two designs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did personalized Jones Soda bottles. They turned out great, we used our e-pics on them and ordered flavors that matched our wedding colors. They were a big hit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_need-interesting-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:875bebaf-801b-4462-abbc-13aba28827cbPost:8b21c24e-e4ad-402e-9fa8-19056171a289">Re: Need interesting favor ideas...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister is making little jars of jam for me. She does it all the time, so I'm not worried about them being improperly made/unsafe for consumption. I've also seen tiny jars of honey at a wedding I went to.
    Posted by jessicapatrick2011[/QUOTE]

We gave out jars of jam - it was a huge hit. My mom and I made them all over a weekend.
    People were really excited about them and I don't think we had any left - if there was extra, people took it!
    We made Marionberry and called it "Marryin' Berry" (and my grandma brought a few cases of apricot to mix it up)
  • Options
    amnevillsamnevills member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your theme or do you have one? That will help you choose a favor if you don't have one.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    henstewhenstew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having a Pacfic NW themed wedding (backyard at my parents) with a little Thai decor thrown in (engaged in Thailand)...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there something Thai you could give out? Maybe a candy or something like that? Or does the backyard have any characteristics that could influence a favor? (like a huge apple tree or something)
  • Options
    needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try...http://www.beau-coup.com/ for some ideas...

Hope this helps...

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Moonstruck chocolates?  They're local, and yummy.  hazelnuts and marionberries are both Oregon things.  Smoked salmon is a NW thing.  Any of those would be great favors.  Whatever you do, go for something edible.  Everyone I know who did a non-edible favor regrets it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing scratch-its and a 2011 penny (we are getting married later this year) in a cute envelope with a sticker on it that says "Lucky in Love". We both love to gamble (as does my family) so it fits us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa @ crave design has some really great ideas for favors! www.crave-design.com
    She's a local company that also does invitations.  I went through her for mine!
  • Options
    mkvandrielmkvandriel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about DIY bird seed balls, or flower seed packets.
    The Luckiest Bride to be Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Becca0517Becca0517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a caricature made of us as a bride and groom and we're making it into a magnet to give away.  It will also be used as a coloring book page for the little ones attending the wedding

We'll end up hand in hand
    Somewhere down on the sand
    Just me and you
  • Options
    henstewhenstew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Becca- I love the caricature idea! Where did you get the magnets made?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_need-interesting-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:875bebaf-801b-4462-abbc-13aba28827cbPost:7fdf2ac1-5641-4c4f-b054-18961177ef26">Need interesting favor ideas...</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is everyone giving away as wedding favors? I'm looking for some new ideas...something other than hershey kisses.
    Posted by henstew[/QUOTE]If you wanted something Thai you could do make some curried or chili lime spiced nuts and give them in small mason jars or little baggies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out myownlabels for creative ideas
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards