California-Bay Area

2011 Bay Area Brides

I live in San Francisco, truth is noone cares as much about your wedding as you do. Except other brides. I need a soon to be bride friend. We can plan together, swap ideas etc etc.

Re: 2011 Bay Area Brides

• edited December 2011
    you've got it right. i don't live in SF (at least not 24/7), but i can guarantee that these boards will be a great source of ideas, support and friendship. have you picked a date yet? i'd find your club (month) board to see how the other ladies are doing in the planning process. :)
  • kuddles220kuddles220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes Ive picked my date Nov 5,2011 and we have booked our site all inclusive so a big worry is gone. I have definitely run into a wall with my maid of honor and Im going to have to demote her. Not a good situation at all. But at least it has happened early on

• edited December 2011
    where are you having your wedding? sounds like you've got a big jump on the planning.
    sorry about your maid of honor.  just remember that your wedding is one day- don't jeopardize a friendship over it. :) hopefully things can be worked out.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You are so right. I only wish people valued friendship as much as I do. But unfortunately throughout my life that hasnt been the case. On a brighter note my wedding is at Wedgewood in Rohnert Park
    Do you have your location and date already?

• edited December 2011
    Ooo, I hear Wedgewood is really great company. :)  What other details do you have planned?
    Yup, we're all set for June 12th in San Mateo at the Marriott. Just a few months to go!
  • opy2705opy2705 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I am a wedding photographer. I have been shooting wedding out in AZ for about 5 years and I am moving back home to the bay area on July 1st. I'll be out in march from the 22nd til the 29th if you are interested inmeeting. In order to get my clientel base started out there I am offering 50% off my wedding packages for the first year. Please keep me in mind, I am at http://opalmomentsphotography.com/

Thanks!
    Opal

Prices,
    Bronze $1100One Photographer (Opal)
    6 hours of coverage
    All images on CD with a copyright release
    All images retouched when neededCreative photo shopping (black and whites, black and whites with a little color ect.)
    Password protected online gallery   

Silver $1500
    Two Photographers
    7 hours of coverage
    8x10  Wedding Photo Book
    All wedding and engagement images on CD with a copyright release Cd and Copyright releases for parents of the Bride and Groom.  (2 additional cd's)
    All images retouched when neededCreative photo shopping (black and whites, black and whites with a little color ect.)
    Password protected online gallery   

Gold $1800
    Two Photographers
    8 hours of coverage
    Engagement session5x7 photo book of engagement photosAll wedding and engagement images on CD with a copyright release Cd and Copyright releases for parents of the Bride and Groom.  (2 additional cd's)Two 5x7 books for parents with 30 pages12x12 photo book with 30 pagesAll images retouched when neededCreative photo shopping (black and whites, black and whites with a little color ect.) Password protected online galler
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow thats great! Are you nervous excited? What things did you wait on that    you wish you had  done earlier? Im a real early planner. I ordered my ribbons for my favors. I have my program paper. Im pretty set on my favors too but havent ordered them yet. Ive been in love with a wedding dress since before I was engaged. But I definitely cant fit it right now. So really trying to work on that. Because the Wedgewood is all inclusive lots of stuff we wont have to worry about. We chose to do our own centerpieces so thats about the only thing we took out of the package. Youre getting married the day before my birthday, Are you having a big wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    I find it to be true that no one cares as much as you do, but I find that on the tiny details where they are just like "whatev". I've become a wedding obsessed freak, luckily a couple of my friends are as obsessed with my wedding as much as I am.

I'm getting married at a tiny church in Rodeo and then the reception at a georgeous old house in Crockett on July 9, 2011.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL me too I've done some of the smallest things already. My daughter was looking at me like I was crazy when I did a sample program last night. I think the little stuff is what you probably forget the closer you get to your date. So I have a box Im putting together with my ideas and little things. The program will go right in there. Then when its time for me to actually do it I already have the layout and paper. How did you change your picture? I keep trying and nothing
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha Ha I finally figured it out :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I started a word doc so far with things that inspire me and small notes. I'm going to try and go to the Bridal Show in Concord on March 28th so get more ideas.
    Sometime in the next week I plan to buy a binder and divide things into sections to keep my ideas more organized.

I'm hoping in the next month to pay the deposit on the reception location.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That is great! I actually missed the bridal show I registered for on Treasure Island because my Maid of Honor did a disappearing act and actually I have not heard from her since. But not to fear there are many more coming and I will be there with a new Maid of Honor

• edited December 2011
    Hi - I live in Martinez but my wedding will be somewhere in Tahoe. FI and I decided September 2011 will be our month. Just have to figure out what day, lol. We have a teeny budget so this gives us time to save and pay for stuff as we go. We've decided to limit our list to family only.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_2011-bay-area-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:43fd3708-f7a7-4e64-a8c0-dfc837e43b51Post:da3a5d0c-b454-4326-8c2f-7ae25cf82b9a">Re: 2011 Bay Area Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is great! I actually missed the bridal show I registered for on Treasure Island because my Maid of Honor did a disappearing act and actually I have not heard from her since. But not to fear there are many more coming and I will be there with a new Maid of Honor
    Posted by kuddles220[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me....=/
    Same show I missed. my MOH just decided to never call and not speak to me anymore. So im not gonna worry about it and just move on.
    Anniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • sarai0815sarai0815 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Future Mrs.Riva, can you give me some details on your venue?  I'm in San Francisco and I'm planning on getting married this summer and don't have a venue yet.  I got a quote from the Hilton Garden Inn in San Mateo but the Marriott sounds great! What is the cost?  What does it include?

Thanks a million!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the South Bay, in Gilroy.  We have 6 months til our big day.  I'm obsessed with weddings and wedding shows (TLC & WE).  I've been to so many bridal shows that I'm getting so tired of them, after a while they are draining. 
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Vanessa isnt that something how so called friends can be. I would never imagine just abandoning a commitment. Or even ending a friendship without trying to resolve issues and feelings. So sad how women dont value friendships and treat each other as though friends are dispensable. Dont let it rain on your wonderful day and spirit. I have moved on as well. And have a new maid of honor. Do you have your date?
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married May/June 2011. And we are currently looking for our ceremony/reception site. I hope we can book one soon, one less BIG thing to worry about.

For the bride getting married at the Wedgewood....Ive looked there as well. Are there any details about this site you can tell me? I've only looked a little bit online, not much at all. Do they have packages, how much do they start at? And one of our big things is, we really want to bring in our own band, so will they allow you to do that? We are willing to compromise if we have to if a site diesn't allow us to bring our own band.
  • annapires79annapires79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago. And we are getting married Aug 20th 2011. We are want a small wedding and were thinking about getting married in Tahoe by the  Lake. But it's not set in stone yet. I'm so excited!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @sportstergirrl Sorry it took so long to respond. In regards to the wedgewood. The one in Burlingame Im sure can accomodate a band it is spacious. The one in Rohnert Park could also accomodate a band if you dont plan to use the buffet and have your guest served. This is only my opinion, Im sure the planners there would know whats best. I went with Rohnert Park because it looks better to me all around. Especially the gazebo area. Yes they definitely have packages. Great thing is you can start with the biggest one and deduct what you dont need or want. I would look at their prices online wedgewoodbanquet.com . The main detail for me is the Gazebo and the current look. Burlingames gazebo is up the road and its like a dirt path and no dressing room there. They do lay down the carpet for the path but your wedding party has to drive up and then hide so the guest dont see them. The walls are also pretty bare so would take more decorating. But I love the space. Rohnert Park is more intimate surrounded by greenery and a pond. And just looks more current. Every thing is together and accesible. Also the hotels are directly across the street. Oh and there is a small dresing room. More than anything its all inclusive and less to worry about at a great price
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations annapires79 :-0
  • a_ulloaa_ulloa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls...I'm getting married May 21, 2011...I need some help... I recently had to cancel my reception place because my mother in law fell in love with it but I didn't..do you guys happen to have any suggestions in wedding venues around the bay area.. I looked at Wedgewood Banquets but we had to have a minimum of people.

Thanks In Advance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards