Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Has anyone used Fancy Flowers?

Has anyone used Fancy Flowers by Meredith Fancy? She was recommended by the venue but I haven't seen alot of additional information on her.  Any other mid-cape florist suggestions that are easy to work with and reasonably priced?

Re: Has anyone used Fancy Flowers?

• edited December 2011
    My venue also recommended her, but I don't know much about her. I can tell you that Karen Bryden is great to work with, from Petals by the Sea. She is highly recommended on this board.
  • erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I'm using her and I'm also a CLH bride.  She is positively talked about a lot on this board.  We met with her this weekend actually - let me know if you have any specific questions.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also met with New England Gardens in Harwich (they were really great too) and Bee & Blossom in Hyannis (they were just ok).
  • sab1234sab1234 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    erickskd  Did she seem receptive to everything you wanted to do?  Did she say "well this is how we do things at CLH?"  Did she give you any tips/tricks/pointers with regards to CLH?
  • edited December 2011

You should read the post directed at CLH brides...(seems like you are getting married there).  The bride mentions having to cover cost of flower petals, despite not wanting to participate in petal throw.

• edited December 2011
    i responded to you under my thread - please read my issues there. 

in general, she does not dictate how things should look at CLH, but will say things like - the card table isn't big enough for a bouquet and other generally helpful things like that.

Btw, Meredith has promised to refund the charge for the petals and charge CLH for them instead. My argument was that if that's how Shelly wants to do it, it should be built into the per person price - and Meredith agreed! We'll see if I actually get the money.
  • sab1234sab1234 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lewisc2002 - Thanks for all of your input.  I too am planning my wedding from long distance and only have a few weekends to plan everything over the summer. I'm trying to be efficient but also obviously find quality vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Meredith at the Wequassett (pics in bio).  We had one issue where she provided vases for the bouquets and they never appeared.  When I told her, she refunded the money with no problem.  She gave great advice, but definitely did what I wanted.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I came in with a very clear idea of what I wanted and certain flowers certain places.  She was never pushy but I got the feeling if something wouldn't look right somewhere she would have piped up.  She seems like a sweetheart to work with and had the most reasonable prices out of other places I looked.  I am not worried about our day but of course I will write a review after the wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter was a CLH bride and we did use Meredith.  She was absolutely wonderful to work with.  My daughter knew what she wanted.  Meredith had a lot of suggestions to offer when asked.  We were not charged for rose petals.  A week before the wedding she called to let us know that the beach grasses we wanted on the beach did not look good enough to use.  She offered other suggestions that turned out great.  She provided flowers for areas of the reception, such as the guest book table and cake cutting knife, that we never even thought of.  Small touches like that she didn't even charge us for.  She also never charged us for the benches for the beach ceremony.  I have nothing but the best to say about her.
  • edited December 2011
    to MissCynic - did your daughter do the petal throw? if yes, then i wonder why the paradigm would have shifted. She added things for the buffet table, etc for me, too, and definitely charged me for those ($45 for "sprigs").  Maybe those flowers in "the other areas" were the roses that CLH routinely puts out and didn't come from Fancy at all (those rose bouquets are always put out fresh every day by CLH). Or, maybe the economy is affecting the way she's running her business.  Either way, she's charging for all the little things now.
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter did do the petal through.  Shelley told us that we were going to!! :)  I believe the rose petals came from all the bouquets that she has.  I remember her telling me that that was what she did with them.  There was never any mention of cost and we did not pay for them. 

As far as the little things go with Meredith, you could be right about the economy.  And I honestly think she forgot to charge for the benches.  The other flowers were from her, not CLH roses. 
  • sueflosueflo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Merideth has been doing the best job of anyone for years... that's why the venues recommend her... She is excellent, reasonble and not full of herself like a few others in the area.  
    She is the tried and true florist in that area and knows her stuff... 5 stars... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards